Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thursday May 12 , 2022 Problems

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday May 12 , 2022

I spent almost all of last night on Ancestry again and it literally gives me a sore neck looking at the screen intently for hours.  I did contribute some photos and websites and documents to support the information on our ancestors.

The morning was cool and calm, and the walk with my stalwart 3 dogs was quite enjoyable.  The only real noise and bother that we encounter are other people's guard dogs, most barking from inside their premises.  My dogs have learned to just ignore them unless they charge.

The roosters over our south wall don't have a clue about day or night.  I don;t even hear them anymore.

I checked out my old car cam that has quit its display but still had a power light so I had no idea if it would still record or not.  I had the instruction book and took out the SD Card and formatted it, re-inserted it and did everything I could to get the camera to record and for the display to magically re-appear.  No soap....  So then I spent a couple of hours trying to find a replacement that would not be as difficult to use, and finally settled on one on Amazon with a large display with a touch screen.  I kept wavering on whether to get one with a GPS built in but that would be real overkill when we usually have our 2 phones and the Garmin in the car.  This new one also has a rear camera, great night vision, and awesome resolution, all easily downloaded.  The reviews were good so I am taking a chance.  Nowhere could I find wireless connection to a rear camera.  Driving without a car camera could be expensive here, where the Gringo with the supposed deep pockets will always be deemed in the wrong..  It is cheap protection, better than insurance...

Speaking of insurance,.. we went to our EPS health insurance to check out conflicting messages we had received.  Days before I left for Canada, I purposely paid, up front, for the 2 months I would be away starting March 1 to maintain continuity and avoid a 3-month waiting period.  On March 7, I received a text from the main office saying that my Cedula number no longer appears on the system and I can't have insurance without it...  Today we took this message to where we pay the monthly premium and they assured us that the insurance I paid for 2 months while away was in force but that I can't purchase any more until I have a Cedula again....  The fun is just beginning.

Our Visa/Cedula facilitator in Pereira, Luz Dary, tried to see the Migracion office and only managed an appointment for June 7...  This whole situation could be a royal nighmare if the delays continue.  I anticipate the same type of problem when my car documents come due at the end of July...  This is the awful downside of living in Latin America.

The yard was quiet and I briefly spotted a large bird cross the yard to the North wall and immediately fly off.  I did not get a good look at it but knew that it was much bigger that our usual birds.  Some Kiskadees returned and a butterfly and I was taking their photos when the big bird landed in the yard for a look-see.  He is a Yellow-Headed Caracara that we occasionally see in the country.  He has the body and beak of a small hawk.  

Then Tom Thumb gave me a brief appearance.

The darn water was off again from 9:30am to 2:30pm.  This time I think it is because of neighbours doing construction.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

No health insurance

Lovely drive home

Kiskadee #1

Kiskadee #2

Gorgeous black butterfly

Yellow-Headed Caracara

Surveying the yard

One last look before exiting

Tom Thumb

Tom