Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday May 20, 2022 CarCam

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 20, 2022

The car cameras arrived early from Amazon late in the day.  I wasn't about to start playing with the set-up in the dark.

We got the news that my nephew Doug most likely died from DKA diabetic coma on May 13th.  An autopsy will confirm.

Only Turi and Princesa braved the drizzle to walk with me this morning.  Buddy and Rocas abstained.  Negro got his medication and was bored here so we turned him loose to be where is happy, in the street where everybody knows him.  Nala is being very quiet and we hardly know she is around.  She really seems to like to get into the living room but the boss says no.

Then I realized that Fine Art America (Pixels.com) has stopped allowing us to show our work on Facebook!  Below is just a sample of the 5,670 artworks that I have on display there, and on RedBubble.

I finally got the promised email from Migracion and I forwarded it immediately to my facilitator Luz Dary in Pereira.  It looks like we are on the right track..??


I am disappointed that Fine Art America no longer allows us to automatically showcase our art. To view my artworks, please bookmark and visit either/or
al-bourassa.pixels.com or alabca.redbubble.com

Just a sampling...

So I tackled putting in the camera in the front of the car and made sure it was operating before tackling the hard job of the back camera, which is wired to the front camera by a small cable that must be tucked under mouldings from front to back.  There is so much cable that I made it go a circuitous route and still had about 4' extra which I had to tuck under the moulding below the driver's door.

The good news is that both cameras work great and give very clear movies and photos.  It records front and back simultaneously in 5-minute segments and will overrun the oldest movie when the card is full.  I have installed and formatted the 128Gb card that I had ordered with it and will likely format it often to keep the card as clean as possible.  The movies capture licence plate numbers easily.  I am very happy with the camera resolutions and feel much safer again now that we are protected in the event of an accident, front or back.

I took Lizzie for a little test drive to check the cameras and the results on the card.  I was impressed.  I also stopped to drop off a CANADA t-shirt to Victor Hugo.  It was worth it just to see his big grin.

Then I decided to tackle my leftover list of names, addresses, and phone numbers before updating my long Password list.  It annoys me so much when  sites forces us to use passwords that are not in keeping with our lousy memories...

This afternoon, I decided to try a different setting under "Effects" on the Nikon for "Pop" colour and 7 photos below are the result.  I was not impressed that they came out only in JPG mode.

Cristina is enjoying the cable TV on the patio......

I hope you enjoy the pictures.   I am so sick of Blogger garbling the order.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Hibiscus "pop"

Camera view, front and back

It looks good, even in the rain

Distant pink rose

Distant multi-coloured rose

Hibiscus done right...

Tiny Golden Silk Spider "pop"

Plantains "pop"

Pink rose "pop"

Bougainvillea "pop"

MC rose "pop"

Hibiscus "pop"