Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sunday May 8, 2022 Tom Thumb

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday May 8, 2022

Happy Mothers' Day to everyone alive or deceased as we honour the unselfishness of mothers to be sure their children are safe, fed, and happy.  Today, I saw a post about Retirement and it pointed out that mothers are never allowed to retire (unfortunately true), that they must care for their families until their dying breath.  That really struck home.

The walk this morning was better as I try to get my body conditioned to that exercise again.  We are beginning to see a lot of our usual suspects along the route again which is always heartwarming.  Orange dog has been coming closer to us than ever...  Handsome is as regal as ever.

Cristina went into Tulua to spend the day in a shopping center with her sister and mother.  I was again left to fend for myself but that is not a problem for this guy.  I have so many little tasks to handle and just don't have the energy to tackle them yet.  One by one, I will eventually get to them.

Last night, I took a couple of photos of Tom Thumb with my new Samsung A53 phone.  The cel has 64 MP power but seems to shoot JPG's only at 72 MP resolution, smaller than my camera overall.  The camera had an option to "remaster" the photos and they looked decently bright on the small screen so I saved them that way.  My mistake...  I always wondered how an artist, Dennis from Rumainia, on RedBubble would publish many "smudged" images consistently...  Now I know how it is simply done...  It looks OK for some landscapes, etc, but it is not something I would want for a steady diet.

I keep looking around the house for so many things that are not where I left them and it is getting frustrating.  This morning I could not find the kitchen timer and then my big plastic chair for using to take my Tom Thumb pictures.  Lucy has some "splainin to do".

Today, I used a stool and got a touch closer to shoot Tom Thumb who did not mind at all, and I am not unhappy with my photo results either...

Lastly, I ask for everyone's prayers for my friend Maurice who has always been an awesome cousin and who was so instrumental in the success of our trip in Saskatchewan.  He is struggling in hospital with severe complications from Covid and could use some divine intervention.  Thanks.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

"Remastered" Tom Thumb

This one too

Birds

Birds

Tom Thumb with the Nikon

Handsome boy

Still not scared of me

Love this little guy