Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Tuesday May 3, 2022 The Return

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday May 3, 2022 and Wednesday May 4

The trip to Canada was a success and it was time to come home.  I was up at 4am because I had spotted an Immigration document in my emails called the Salvoconducto and I figured that I may need it to re-enter Colombia, so I printed it.  We left Vineland at 4:45am and arrived at Pearson Intl Airport about 6:05am.  The line-up at COPA wasn't that long but they were a complete gong show moving the barrier ropes over and over and then my CheckMig for entry to Colombia hadn't registered so I was pulled aside and had to do it all over again, even though it registered in my emails....  Go figure...

I had no problems with my documents, or my boarding passes, or my luggage, and I got to sit in the seat that I had paid for, 17A Exit seat....  I have yet to hear back from COPA regarding the horrible Panama-Toronto leg where I was bumped to a middle seat.

In Panama City airport, I quickly located the Duty-Free Electronics store and wasted no time in buying a new cel phone to replace my dying Motorola and got timely help from a gentleman to move over my apps, data, SIM and Memory, etc to the new Samsung A53.  The cameras on this new phone end at an incredible 64 MP (my camera is only 28MP) but the phone does not shoot RAW.  Oh well, I can live with the fantastic pictures it takes compared to the Motorola.  I have my cameras for taking pictures, and that won't change.

Arriving in Cali was once again a small hassle with Immigration, even with the SalvoConducto form, etc.  They kept saying that I don't have a valid Visa and I kept saying that it is "en proceso"....  The lady checked with a supervisor and they let me continue.

Cristina and the vet John were there to pick me up as promised and I was so happy to get home.  The greeting that I got from the dogs was nothing short of amazing and heartwarming.  They missed me!

I did not fully unpack, but did give my gifts to Cristina and John and unloaded a few things.  The rest can wait.  It was a long day.

Wednesday:

I tossed and turned for almost 4 hours so I was out walking my 4 stalwarts at 4:15am.  I struggled, but I forced myself to do the walk and get back into my exercise routine.  We have some weight to shed.

Today will involve getting some bills paid and ordering protective screens for the new phone,... and unpacking the rest and filing away the papers and photos that I have collected.  I also want to enjoy a nice nap and time with my Cristina and family.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Part way home

Almost 6 hour flight

Cuban shoreline

Mushroom cloud

Panama City

Low tide?

Food court in the Panama City Airport

Ready to head to Cali

It gets dark fast here

Panama-Cali details

Cali