Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday January 14, 2021 Panorama

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday January 14, 2021

Last night, I continued to watch a series on NetFlix called Sex Education.  I really didn't have high hopes for it but the British need for directness and their wild sense of humour blows me away again.  Even the mother character comes off as sexy even though she is the same one who played a very dry Margaret Thatcher in another series.  Not much is untouchable in this great series and I think all broad-minded people would love it.

This morning I was a busy boy with my chores and I had to think of a new contest subject for my Selective Colour group on Fine Art America.  I am the Administrator of that group and I do try to have a contest running at all times but it gets harder and harder to find new topics that can generate good entries.  I have done Christmas, winter and snow but it is way too early for a spring theme. 

I ate a batch of pork leftovers with the help of the dogs and still have enough for another day.  I am so full like yesterday that I doubt that I could eat my salad which I was forced to skip last night.  

We took a little drive, picked up dry dog food, cat food, and bird seed which we hurriedly dumped at home.  Then we picked up Igor and went to check out if the re-opened LA14 was revived with newly stocked shelves...  OMG, it is even worse, virtually every dairy case and meat counter were barren and empty...  I bought my guanabana, while Igor and Cristine picked up a couple of items.

We dropped off Igor and decided to go downtown to find a daytimer.  We ran into Wolf's son-in law Alex and he directed us to a neaby papeleria which surprisingly did have 3-4 different varieties.  They didn't have the kind with the coil spine but I can make do with the one I chose.  Beggars can't be choosers.

From where I was parked, I just kept driving south because I hate traffic and traffic lights and we wanted to know where it would lead us.  Before long it led us to our south exit from town that we use a lot.  From there, we grab the highway back north and skirt the city of Tulua.

I only had the Lumix with me, but it is fabulous for panoramas so I pulled off on a little side road that we had discovered a couple of months ago.  The road is full of potholes but only a short distance to a spot where we have a magnificent 180 degree view from Tulua across the central cordillera, with the main river below.  I took 2 shots, virtually the same, but I know that you will enjoy them as much as I do as a very representative view of central Colombia.

I have a list of things to get prepared for our little jaunt tomorrow.  It won't take long to get things together this evening as time will be real tight to walk the dogs, shower, etc and leave at 6am...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.





Fin