Saturday, January 9, 2021

Friday January 8, 2021 Luka

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday January 8, 2021

Last night, I watched “Legends Of The Fall”, which was shot near my old home around Longview, Alberta.  This was when my sister Leonie and her husband Brian were contacted by Brad Pitt, and he literally sat in their kitchen and ordered custom knives for his co-stars.  I think you can find the story and photos on the website https://brianlyttleknives.neocities.org/   That led to making knives for the movie “The Edge” with Anthony Hopkins (in both movies) and making more knives for Brad when he was again in the area to make “The Assassination Of Jesse James”.  I remembered very little of the movie which I had not seen in years but thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as fondly seeing familiar scenery.

I followed that by watching “Love Story” which I do not recall ever seeing…  It was very enjoyable as well.

 

While waiting for my lawn guy, Leonel, to come, I kept busy trying to learn my new photo program “Landscape Pro”.  I basically got it for free and I definitely would need a lot more practice before I would commit the time required to use it on my photos.

I also got a glance ay my new buddy Igor’s new RedBubble page..  https://www.redbubble.com/people/klrider/shop   I am so impressed that he was able to upload so many photos without any help from me.  Granted, he doesn’t go to the lengths I do, yet, but then the photos do speak for themselves…  Well done Igor!

I also had the same intermittent Internet service this morning and complaints to Movistar are getting tiresome.  Right now, I have had absolutely no Internet for a long time, no matter what I do, so no Internet or Netflix….  I hate being like most of the population, relying solely on their stupid phone.

Aram contacted me early that their Husky pup, Luka, had been vomiting blood all night so we took him into Huellas.  The first thing was a test to see if he had a serious disease (sorry, the name escapes me) or simply gastroenteritis.  Luckily it was only the latter with a fever so Luka was hooked up to an IV drip in one of our dog crates and left there.  Claudia was also there with a puppy from the Animal Park that had the more serious illness.  To see normally active and happy puppies just lying there, listless, is so very sad.  We do not want them to die.

When I came home, Cristina wanted to go to the cemetery to change flowers again.  We were sad to see that some form of ants had almost destroyed our  lovely perimeter shrubbery.  Cristina says that she has the right poison for the ants and hopefully the shrubs will return to their former glory.

Leonel said that he was coming after noon but didn’t show up until 2:15, but he worked quickly and the clipping are now at the curb for tomorrow’s garbage pick-up.

I went back to Huellas with Aram to get Luka who had apparently allowed the drip to finish before destroying all the hookup and his paper pee pad.  Since he hadn’t eaten for 24 hours, he was probably famished and it bodes well for him.  If he can survive the evening and night without vomiting, he is probably out of the woods.  They have to control his intake and not let him just gorge himself though.  Hopefully he will not have to return tomorrow.

As I write this, I still have no internet and I am pissed as usual at the lousy service of Movistar.  I have to wait to upload this later….

 It is now the next morning and I finally have Internet again.  Last night I only had television to occupy my time and ended up watching most of Castaway which I have avoided for years.  The only thing better on the list were cartoons..!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Little Nino is very sick

We wish him a successful recovery

Luka is also very sick

Hopefully he spent a good night after treatment.

Our shrubs are in bad shape

Oh, what a view

It is always glorious!

What a great final resting place.

Unusual to see lizards here...

Leonel starting to cut the jungle

He was quick and efficient today.