Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday January 4, 2021

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday January 4, 2021

It was raining buckets again this morning for hours so the poor dogs did not get their walk, and neither did their poor Dad.  We all need the exercise.   There was also no water for a bit but that came back on around 7am.

I had the same silly internet connection problems this morning...  Grrrrrrr  I hate Movistar but have no alternative.

The washer repairman was good, knowledgable and punctual.  He showed up at 9:30am as promised, spent 1.5 hours changing wiring that had been chewed by tiny mice.  Price was 60,000 pesos ($17.39 USD)..  I am sure that a  service call alone would have started around $60 in North America...  Then, even though we have no hot water, he said that we should connect both hoses to the one tap, and not just the cold hose as we had been doing.  The good news is that it runs like new.

I had called Igor that I had to run into Tulua with Cristina following the repair so he could come along and we would try to find a replacement 72 mm lens cap for his camera.  He had served 7 days quarantine and he agreed, so we picked him up at David's.

My first order of business was to pay my health insurance which is still 82,000 pesos ($23.77 USD) but they say that will likely rise next month to 88,000 pesos ($25.51 USD).  I am not complaining as it has served me very well so far.

Camera shops are rare as hen's teeth and trying to find a lens cap here is almost impossible.  I reminded him that Amazon would probably deliver one within a week!  He hadn't thought of that.  We had no luck and left Igor to be the adventurer he is and roam the streets until 2pm where he would try to get a Covid test at a local lab.

We found a "Y" connector for the washer for 3,000p ($0.87c) which I installed on the washer once we got home.  We stopped at Bizcochito for a quick lunch and at D-Uno here for some supplies, like milk...

I just contacted Igor and he said the lab was not the right place for the Covid test but he got phone numbers for others that Alex will check out and he will try again tomorrow.

The water is off again this afternoon.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  The shots of Tom are from a good distance and not that good.  Sorry.  And, they unexpectedly uploaded backwards... again...  Grrrrr    That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.