Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday January 10, 2021 Success

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday January 10, 2021

Last night, I watched a recommended documentary on Netflix "The Social Dilemma" about how Google, Facebook, NetFlix, and others use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to follow, interpret and use your preferences against you so that you will stay on their sites longer and see ads from their advertisers.  The people who started this trend are now sounding the alarm into how we are being programmed into automatons, mindless followers of their sites, where we swallow any BS they want to throw at us.  AI is taking on a life of its own and they seem unsure and unable to control its prolific reach.  For example, if someone sends me a nice photo from a site on Facebook, and I "like" it, then I get a "Suggested for you" post to join that darn site...  I have taken to reporting all those as Spam, whether I like them or not.  Then I block, ban and delete them.  Stick your spam up where the sun don't shine Facebook.

The documentary is well worth a watch.  I do spend more time than most folks on the computer because of the photo work and this Blog, but I restrict my time on Facebook.  I hardly ever use any of the other sites mentioned, like YouTube, Twitter, Google, etc.   Many, many years ago, in response to people having virus problems, I made the conscious decision to try to stay away from things from Microsoft, hence I have used Firefox as my browser for umpteen years and I have never regretted it.  I use Duck Duck Go instead of Google search.  GMail has been OK as my email server so I put up with that.  I use CCleaner religiously every time I shut down.  Knock on wood, I have never had a virus as a result.

Today is a rest day and we had a nice morning so I actually managed to get some pretty decent shots for you today.

I have made arrangements with Igor to come and visit on Tuesday to show him the ropes on RedBubble and Fine Art America.  Our photography trip for Friday is still on with Igor and vet John.

I had a craving for fried chicken today so I went and waited for a fresh batch of 4 breast pieces and 2 wings.  Total cost (including 6 small arepas) was $2.76 USD, and 1/2 is saved to eat tomorrow.

Omaira and Rene came to visit from Rio Frio.  They were impressed with our dogs, the ceiling, the barbeque, and the backyard.  We had a very pleasant afternoon.

Rene says that LA14 has finally just closed their doors, which is not surprising in the way the greedy family just wanted their money out of the company once their father died.  It is so sad on many fronts, especially for all the employees and the other stores that will wither and die in that empty shopping center.

I had to re-do the photo uploads many times again, so, of course, they finally uploaded backwards again.....  Grrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Cristina

Rene

Omaira

Liking the business cards I made for them

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

Peach rose

Peach rose

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS


GSS

GSS

Peach rose

3 stages of a rose

Multi-coloured rose

MCC