Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tuesday January 26, 2021 Celeste

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday January 26, 2021

I haven't seen the horse Charlie on our morning walk for a few days but we are regularly seeing the old black dog, Amigo.  Cristina spotted Negro on one of our drives but he has not joined us on a walk in a long time.  The old well-fed homeless guy is back at his regular place.

Having crappy upload and download readings this morning and so I was unable to upload my photos this morning.  Grrrrrrr   I am fighting with that damned Movistar again.  I hate that company that everyone else praises.  Surely I can't be the only one with consistent problems.

Cristina slept close to Celeste last night to keep an eye on her, almost hourly, as her condition deteriorated to the point that I was afraid that she would die before the vet clinics opened.  Her breathing was so labored that it reminded me of the end for way too many other dogs that we fought to save.  We were at the door at Huellas for their opening at 8pm however we were told the vet Sebastian himself would not arrive until 8:30.  Since we had already been in contact with John Faber Rojas at 6:30am, and he had said to bring Celeste at 8:30, so we headed there.  He is undoubtedly the best, and most caring, vet in this country, if not the world.

They did blood tests and an examination, found that her blood is bad, watered down and more.  They gave her an IV drip for a while but stopped for fear of diluting the blood even more.  We sat with her for a long time.

Cristina slipped out for brunch, then I followed and found a restaurant across the street that had interesting smoky bacon and cheese doughy dumplings, and good coffee.  Delicious!

We were sent to get liver at Olympica (a cow liver the size of Turi) and brought it home all cut up to cook for our dogs but especially Celeste.  She really needs a lot of iron content right now to rebuild her blood strength.

We went back at 3pm after picking up a bunch of drugs at Huellas.  I slipped out to continue a drugstore search for a drug Cristina has been taking for depression since the death of her son over 3 years ago.  It apparently is a compound that is almost impossible to import right now so we had been striking out everywhere.

I went to both pharmacies at the LA14 mall, plus one more on the way to the vet, and the story was the same everywhere.  I popped in to LA14 to see if they had any more air popcorn poppers but that was also a pipe dream as the shifting empty aisles spell the demise of a once great store to satisfy the greedy descendants of the dead owner.  A pox on them.

Back at John's office Cristina was syringe-feeding Celeste with iron-rich liver (yuk) soup and the change in her was amazing, lifting her own head up again, and breathing regularly.

At 6pm we brought her home for the night so she could be monitored again.  Claudia and Daniel came and helped bring Celeste outside where she apparently walked, peed, and drank lots of water,... all excellent signs.  I am so happy for this as her condition in the morning looked so very hopeless.  It is amazing what a lot of love and proper attention can do.  Go Celeste!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Good, caring vets look after Celeste

I honestly thought she was a goner

An IV drip begins the recovery process

Brunch.  So good I ordered 2 more.. 55c each!
Smoky bacon and cheese!

Celeste lifting her head.  Good sign.

Much more alert before the trip home.