Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wednesday January 20, 2021 Fur Babies - updated

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 20, 2021

I really had to rush the walk, chores, poop and garbage patrol to be ready to take our 3 furry creatures Buddy, Princesa and Nene to get clipped.  It is 31C right now, as usual, and I am wearing only shorts, a watch, magnetic bracelets and reading glasses.  I consistently feel so sorry for these puppies in their long fur coats.  I didn't even have time to shower so I just stayed downwind and showered once I returned home.

We received the dreaded gas bill which needed to be paid and the line-up at City hall was short so I headed there.  I was amazed to be seen within 10 minutes and get the tax within another 5 minutes.  That was a first!  This year's bill is 588,942 pesos or $214.74 Cdn.  My tax bill in Okotoks in 2011 was 10 times higher than that, but then house values are quite different.

I tried to pay the taxes at the local bank as prescribed, standing in the sun outside for 20 minutes, watching an unmoving inside line to a single teller, a gal that knows us.  When I reach the door, the guard asks to see my Cedula (identity card) and says that pica-placa restrictions are enforced and I must return tomorrow.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

We slipped out to vegetable dealers locally and picked and chose fresh stuff at each location, and also went to Andaluz for other sundries.  I slipped out by myself to the pharmacy to grab Melatonin for sleeping and camphor mothballs for the lavandaria (however they are in little bars).

I turned on the News on the computer in time to see Jennifer Lopez sing This Land Is Your Land prior to the official Inauguration of Joe Biden.  Then we had his wonderful unity speech and a very young, black female, poet laureate recite a corresponding unity poem.  It was all very inspiring and touching.  Amazing Grace by Garth Brooks topped it off.  Former President Carter was unable to join Bush, Clinton, and Obama on the dais.  Notably absent was the orange crybaby monster Trump who I have dubbed Despicable You.  I hope that the only time I ever hear of that @#$%^&** ever again is when he is headed for prison.  Since he has been exposed for the fraudster that he is, he will need to confirm that he is broke, despite his graft in the White House, and may even welcome jail.  Hopefully there will be room in the cells for his grifter family members as well and this dark era of American politics can be put behind them.

Congratulations Joe Biden.  Onward and upward.  Heal that country and its relations with the world.  I have many relatives rightfully worried that he is against oil pipelines but am hopeful that he can be made to see the light.  Anything, even this elder statesman with the big heart, is preferable to that disgusting orange child with no education or vocabulary.  Good riddance Trump!
We picked up the clipped dogs this evening and the transformation in energy and happiness is really evident.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


I insisted that Nene be clipped as well

Buddy is like this, on the cool floor, 90% of the time

Princesa is so much quicker after a good clip

 
Buddy is a new man!

Princesa is all action

Nene is reborn.