Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday January 22, 2021 Processing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday January 22, 2021

I actually was 20 minutes late getting mobile for the dog walk this morning.  In that short time there are a lot more folks, dogs, and cats on the streets.

Once my chores were done I tried to find an easy method to change RAW files to JPGs.  It is my fault that poor John was taking many photos in RAW format because I forgot to change the camera settings when he showed up here with his Dad and Uncle, cutting our expected visit short.

The problem with RAW files is that EVERY photo needs to be processed.  They cannot be viewed and used instantly like the lossy JPG format files.   All my existing programs are too awkward and cumbersome for batch processing in one fell swoop, so I turned to Igor for assistance.  He tuned me in to a free program called Rawtherapee.  It took me quite a while to get the hang of it and I will probably forget everything by the time John comes tomorrow...

My cleaning of the big microwave has been a failure.  The microwave does not work, the turntable spins but nobody's home...  I tried the electric broiler built-in to it and that blew the breaker within 20 seconds on the new voltage regulator.  Whether the repairman will actually show tomorrow, and be able to repair it cheaply (I have already spent way too much on useless repairs) will detemine its fate.  I have put the small microwave back in the stand so we can operate normally.

Cristina again picked lovely, huge juicy oranges for juicing by me.  29 oranges made 4 litres of juice!  So delicious, natural and fresh.

I was so darn busy that I didn't shower until 3:30pm.

Please enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

29 oranges

58 halves to juice = 4 litres of juice

Golden Silk Spider

Rosebud opening

Princesa and Nina 2

Nina 1