Friday, December 20, 2019

Friday December 20, 2019 Peeping


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday December 20, 2019
The music from the church started blaring at 5am and continued to 5:30.
We had a quick lunch then headed in to HomeCenter.  Cristina was determined to replace the bedroom door so we will have one that will close properly.  We need an 87cm x 200cm frame so it has to be made to conform.  The cheapest door there looked alright to us but we upgraded on the handle to a nice lever.  Delivered to our door, the whole works cut, mounted and framed, with all hardware, ready to be screwed to the wall, cost about $100!  They will deliver on Christmas Eve.
While there I spotted a Peephole that we have wanted for some time.  We get too many people at the door when we are not expecting anyone.  
We stopped at both Gilma's and Nativa's to deliver their TENS machines.  The look on their faces, and on Victor Hugo's, when we turned the machine just to the lowest setting was a hoot, such a mixture of surprise and delight!   They can all see the benefit of the machine so we know that it will get regular use.
Our front door is a thin aluminum frame so I made the required holes to mount the Peephole using my cordless drill and biggest bit.  I figured that the door was too thin for this device, and I was right, so rather than hacksaw down the new peephole, I ran to a hardware store and picked up 2 large washers which were just what the Doctor ordered.  I got lucky that I picked a spot right between the slats of the outside door, ....and it works...!!
I just finished installing it and the heavens opened again.  I have noted many times on my morning walks how we have the best street in town for drainage, zero puddles, and the quickest drying.  I hope this isn't ruined when they get to our street to replace the sewers.  They are almost done the prior 3 blocks, taking wa-a-a-a-y-y-y-y too darn long so I am dreading their arrival on our block.  I presume that I will have to pay to park somewhere nearby out of my own pocket, Grrrrrr.  That will be a royal pain when we need groceries, or maybe a door delivery.....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Outside....

Inside, with 2 big washers

Ready to peep

Peeping

Rain