Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday December 21, 2019 Chappy


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday December 21, 2019
We had a little Yorkie overnight which is always stressful because the other dogs get jealous of any attention given to an outsider.  Iliana apparently removed him from some Venezuelans that had possibly stolen him and were abusing him, dragging him along on very sore feet.  He also wasn't overly cuddly like all other rescues that land in my lap.  We took him to Adiela's this morning and she will see about medical attention and possible adoption, or finding its true owners.
Then we came home, had lunch, and waited.  I hit the sack and Cristina did not come and get me when our "new" 1998 Yamaha Chappy LB80 arrived.  She had taken it for gas and oil and I was quite impressed with the look of it, with rack and a basket.  We were purchasing this on the recommendation of niece Ana and boyfriend German, and it was supposedly coming freshly refurbished by a good mechanic they recommended.  We polished it up a bit and I finally decided about 4pm to take it for a spin myself.
It started right away and I was off and enjoying it immensely, marvelling at the smooth ride on those small tires.  About 3 blocks away it sputtered and quit.  I looked up and Aram was walking toward me.  We pushed it to a bike mechanic another 3 blocks away.  He confirmed that Cristina had put gas and oil in it, tried it a few times and then checked the spark plug.  Well the spark plug looked like it might have been the original from 1998!!  Old, orange, and burnt out.  We put a new spark plug in it and it started right away again.  Off I went and got 3 blocks away and it quit again, and would not fire up..  And it started to rain...  So I pushed the darn thing home another 3 blocks, getting soaked in the process.  We tried again at home, each of us, without success.  I hope that Chappy is not a new money pit.
In the evening I was bored so I grabbed the Nikon, and Turi, and went for a short walk.  There seemed to be action in the streets so we went by the central park which is beautifully lit up for Christmas.  Families come to take cel phone photos in front of some of the props.
There was also some form of protest going on which transported me back to the 60's, with a Bob Dylan-type singer and a bunch of stoned hippies trying to dance...  The parrallel was amazing.
There was even a boring wedding in the church, with the ring bearer looking zonked out and the bored bridesmaids looking for diversion, like me taking a photo from the street... lol.
BTW, All the night shots are on Program mode, using 6400 ISO and the regular lens.  I am not displeased at my new-found low-light mode.
Happy winter solstice.  For some of you the days start getting longer again tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Yorkie needs medical attention

A different dog, not as friendly as other rescues

Not fixed either...

Hope he finds a good home

Flowers at the entrance to the Animal Park

Very colourful
4 horses enjoying the shade

They need some TLC too

So, that's where mushrooms come from....

The pagoda housing most of the dogs and cats

Tug of war with an old shoe

Nobody got nasty
Estrella, Martin and Toby vying for sole food

1998 Yamaha Chappy LB80

Nice little rig

This could be a lot of fun
Not registered for 3 years

Nice rack on the back

Nice basket on the front

Company for Lizzie

Now if we can just get it to run more than 3 blocks....
El Centro is beautifully lit for a small town

Seriously, the singer sounded just like Bob Dylan, in Spanish

The lights are mesmerizing

This is part of the central park

Protest sign including 784 leaders murdered

Look at the ring-bearer next to the new bride

I love this prop

SE corner fountain pool reflection

Claudia & Killer

Cristina giving Killer a rinse