Monday, December 9, 2019

Sunday December 8, 2019 Communion #2


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday December 8, 2019
At Ipm we went, as invited, to Wolf and Fabiola's for lunch, however we were greeted by Valeri in a fancy white gown so we correctly guessed that we were stumbling onto a second First Communion celebration which is a big thing in Latin America.  Naturally, because we were not informed, we had no gift to offer....  Photos will have to be our gift.
They had a really great female photographer, good food and some fellows to sing.  Elizabeth, Fabiola and Alex outdid themselves keeping everybody fed, watered, and entertained.  It was a really lovely afternoon.  Martina the parrot was a highlight for me, as was the 2-week-old baby that made the rounds often.
The photographer was very professional and experienced in getting unusual poses as you can see.  In talking with her about photography and cameras I realized that I must have seemed like the Village Idiot.  For years I had been confusing Film speed ASA with Digital camera ISO.  For 40 years, with Film cameras I would not go higher than 800 ASA film because the shots were grainy if your focus wasn't tack sharp.  The 2 codes are related, and similar, but digital cameras have built-in noise-suppressors that help greatly.   Using a high ISO is not as scary as using a high ASA film.
So later I took her suggestion and went to our well-lit main square to try night shooting with a high ISO (I chose 6,400 ISO as a challenge) and took a few shots and I was very pleasantly surprised that they came out not bad at all.
Then, researching online to confirm my stupidity, I ran across an article mentioning a Nik Collection, Dfine 2 filter that works amazingly well to control noise (snow in a low-light photo).  It rang a bell so I checked my PhotoShop and I do have that filter loaded, I just never knew what it did!  So I re-did my night shots and they are even better..!!!  Learning all the time....
Then I walked 6 dogs at night as well...  Not a good idea with an ailing back and they all decide to poop for me.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.




















































































Sisters









6400 ISO shots with DFine 2 correction







Merry Christmas everyone....