Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday December 7, 2019 Candles


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday December 7, 2019
Last night, Cristina and Claudia brought home a tiny kitten that was abandoned at the Animal Park and it was not welcomed by the other larger kittens.  This morning I let the little guy crawl all over me while I did my chores, being very careful not to let the dogs bother him.
After poop patrol I trimmed some of the plants out back then grabbed the kitten for a nap.  We didn't get up until 12:30.
Around 2:15 Cristina and I went to the other side of Tulua to the Canaveral grocery store to get her special laxative tea that works for her.  Then we loaded up a large cart of groceries which we donated to the poor family that runs the Animal Refuge near Adiela's in Tulua.  They were very appreciative.
Today is the day of the "Little Candles" or Dia de Los Velitas.  Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Little_Candles .  Please read this to understand the significance of this national holiday in Colombia. 
We had paper lantern torches from last year as well as small battery-operated candles that we placed around Christian's grave.  The cemetery is a very popular spot to celebrate and mourn.  Being after dark, it was necessary to dress up to avoid the bugs and we didn't see any..  We put lights on Great-Grandma Raquel's grave too.  Carlos' family did stop by as well later.  We were there almost 2 hours then it started to sprinkle so almost everybody left.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start




So huggable

So tiny.  Fits in my hand.

Purrs good when rubbed

Loves to cuddle

Then falls asleep quickly

Donation to helpful but poor family
Very happy to get some good food

Velitas













Great Grandma's