Friday, December 27, 2019

Friday December 27, 2019 Doors


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday December 27, 2019
Carlos decided that he was coming at 8am to change the doors so I was out with the dogs at 5am and rushed through my chores.  I got out the tools and decided to take out the old door myself because it wasn't rocket science but I made a good mess of the frame and wall near the old door.  I tested the new door and it was going to be a tight fit.
Carlos came about 8:15 and we adjusted the frame and had lots of room for the new door and frame.  It opened perfectly and all so we got to work with my tools mostly to screw it into the brick and concrete.  We pre-drilled the wood into area that had decent concrete backing and we then knew where to pre-drill the concrete to insert the anchors.  Once the door was mostly in then it was a matter of making sure everything lined up.
At that point I had to quickly shower, etc to take Lizzie in for her 15,000 km checkup for 9:50am.  I told them at the KIA dealership that I didn't want to have to wait until 5pm to pick it up and that it really did not need the usual cleaning.  Surprisingly he said that he could have it ready by 11:30 because they lunch/siesta from noon until 2pm...  Since I had made arrangements with David to spend some time with him I made a deal to allow an exterior wash and I would pick Lizzie up at 2pm.
David was on time and we went and had a filling breakfast and coffee at Bizcochito for $3.  Then we went to his place to watch 3 more episodes of The Crown.  I am really enjoying the Royal Family history lesson.
I picked up Lizzie and the bill was 339,000 pesos or $102.64 USD.  I am not complaining because I can imagine what that would cost in Canada.
I got home to an almost completed bedroom door.  There is to be another "stucco" coating to be applied around the frame.
Carlos went up on the roof to effect a couple of repairs due to damage done by the neighbors construction next door.  Then we got him to repair the erratic kitchen sink leak and he went and got this accordion tubing in place of rigid PVC pipe as before.  He swears that it will work well so I will give him the benefit just because it was a darn cheap solution (under $5).  
He has to apply some form of tile grout to seal a leak in the lavanderia sink so that may happen tomorrow.
While he was on the roof and had the ladder against our south wall I clinbed up a ways and held the camera high above my head to get an idea of the view I have been seeking.  You can see the results below....  This has got me wanting a platform along the north wall above the barbecue where the view would be immensely better.  In barnstorming ideas again with Carlos I thought of trying to find the same fantastic composite decking boards that I had installed in Okotoks.  That deck could be in the sun all day and not get hot, even for bare feet.  It looked fansatic and felt great.  They were something like this pic below, but thicker on top and open on the bottom, and they were fast to screw down and fit together.
We are hoping to go looking for anything similar tomorrow.   I could live with this product for what I need...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
The mess after removing the old door

Making more room easily on the left side

Ready for the new door?

Screwing in the frame

Lots of work to do yet

View from my south wall
Not a bad view as I pan north

Lizzie is all checked out and clean again

Looking good

New door, frame, hinges, handle =$100

View inside

Inside

Inside

Removing old piping at the kitchen sink

Pretty cheap piping repair for $5