Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thursday-Saturday Oct 31-November 2, 2019 Home


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday-Saturday Oct 31-November 2, 2019
Thursday morning I rode the repaired bike to Aram's place and back to see if I would like it.  It is a great bike, but too small for me with seat and handlebars much too low.  Pedaling is a chore and you need to be able to fully extend the leg.  On this bike I can't.
I was shocked to see Killer had maneuvered himself down the hall near the lavanderia door, and the other dogs.  This was significant ,because it shows a willingness and strength to move on his own.  If he decides to use those back legs, who knows...
In boredom I watched 2 movies on TV that I probably would have avoided but actually enjoyed them.  Then Aram called wanting help to pick up a small mattress.  Liliana's mother is coming from Miami for a visit next week.
So I worked a lot on photos again to kill time.  Somewhere in all this, I thought it was Oct 30, not Hallowe'en so I missed all the festivities downtown.

Friday, I parked the car outside and had Aram, David and Irma here for a movie.  Nobody was showing up.  Finally Aram comes, showing that his watch had stopped.  I called David and they had completely forgotten.., but they came within 20 minutes.  I had all the popcorn and beers ready.  It seemed like everyone is a war movie fan so we watched Uncommon Valor, one of my favourites.  It rained as they left and I had to retrieve the car and drop off Cristina at the Animal Park.  I watched sports the rest of the night, tennis, basketball and boxing.

This morning I got involved with some photos and genealogy info which I posted to the Bourassa Family page on Facebook.  Some of the information I had forgotten that I had...  Going through our connection with Hillary Clinton, I further came across that we were related to 4 Canadian Prime Ministers and one Premier, as well as Ryan Gosling, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Madonna, Angelina Jolie and much more.  That woodpile is not too scary so far.
Then Cristina and I picked up 2 puppies at Eliana's to get cleaned up for adoption.  Eliana later called, sobbing that the puppies were gone.
Going into Tulua around 11am always screws me up for other things because way too many places close from noon until 2pm for siesta.  Even the darn cemetery closes.  Sheesh.
Around 2pm I screwed on the long Nikon lens and practised my manual focus again.  I took 78 shots in less than a half hour.  Today was very successful as you will see below.
Then Google decided to take a snooze and give me grief to upload the photos.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr   I managed to get it done, but this site was not acting normally.
While waiting for Blogger to wake up, I decided to check how many Blogs I have done since Jan 3, 2012.  I  started with 559 Cuenca Updates Blogs, http://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html and
1 Cuenca Residency Blog for which I did uncounted updates,
https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/ and then 1836 on this one for a total of 2396 Blogs and counting.  That is a ton of hours spent doing this.....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Killer moved a long ways on his own.  Bravo!
















































Nina