Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wednesday November 27, 2019 Protests


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday November 27, 2019
Neither of us slept at all last night.  I don't know why... maybe the heat....  I know that I looked at the clock every 30 minutes or so.  I also noticed that our smallest dog had almost 1/2 the bed and I had maybe 1/8.....
I could not complete my chores this morning because Cristina had a last free sterilization scheduled for another adopted dog.  We were out of the house by 7:20am and headed to Super Mascotas in Tulua.
Then we headed to Bancolombia and turned the corner just ahead of a Government protest heading down that street.  We were just in time to beat them and get into a parking lot.  We had a Certificate of Deposit due today which we rolled over for another 6 months and withdrew the interest.  That took about an hour, which was good because the protest was long gone by then.
Then we met David and Irma at Bizcochito where we had a quick brunch.  We were originally supposed to meet at 3pm at a new steak house nearby (delicious 1 lb steak for $6.50 according to Wolf) , but they don't open until 3pm and David gets too pooped by then.  I have to be sure to try that place very soon.
Then we headed across Tulua to Olympica (back near the vet) to pick up livers for the dog food again, along with a few needed items.  Then I absent-midedly went back across Tulua to go home, until Cristina popped out of her reverie to reming me to go pick up the darn dog...  So I had to cross Tulua another time!
We grabbed the groggy dog and headed home.  Then I noticed all the traffic on the other side of the highway was at a dead stop and most people were outside of their cars, so they had been there for a while.  And the lineup was for at least 3 kilometers, with no place to veer off or turn around.  That is exactly what I had been dreading and was glad we were not on that side....
We dropped off the dog,had a quick lay down and then had an early salad.
Tomorrow I am to help David take Irma to the Cali airport.  We can only pray for a safe trip there and back without protests or disruptions.
Update:  My nose has been running all day and that's a nuisance.  I probably caught that from Zenaida yesterday.  Anyway,  I had nothing here at home so, when walking with Aram, I went by our usual pharmacy and asked how much a package of Loratadina was.  I misunderstood.  A package of 10 tablets was only 1,000 pesos, or 30 cents, so 3 cents a tablet!!!  And they work!  When was the last time you bought a drug for 3 cents???  Gotta love Ecuador and Colombia for the way they allow you to buy the drugs you need at a more-than-reasonable price....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
We just missed being held up by this protest

This Government is in trouble