Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Tuesday November 12, 2019 Flights


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday November 12, 2019
I started researching flights to Canada and ended up booking them to Toronto and back (so I overfly the USA) with only one stop from March 11 to May 13, 2020.  Being a senior really helps and the flights out of Cali were the best, even after also checking Pereira and Armenia.  If I wanted to fly 24-hour milk routes, with 2 stops and an overnight in blasted Quito (which has to have the worst connections in the world) I could have flown for under $500 USD return.  I opted for the 1-stop in Panama City and under 10-hour total for $634 plus insurances.
The process through Kayak was unusually cumbersome and I had to try several different sub-agencies to finally get booked through CheapOair.  3 others would let you get to the end before saying those flights were no longer available… Go figure.  One of them, Expedia, even charged my card TWICE after promising that I would not be charged.  There is nothing on their site showing that a trip is booked yet there is $803 charged to my Debit card.  I have written to them and CIBC to get that reversed.  I hope that gets done without further problem.
I have not been in Canada for 4 years and am anxious to see my brothers and sisters, children, and grandchildren and cousins and friends.  I don’t know yet how I will do it, with no vehicle, and no Canadian licence (which expired in January).  I worry that they are still chasing me for that seatbelt ticket in an Okotoks parking lot that I refused to pay.  Now the fun part starts to try to arrange an itinerary that somehow works and hopefully will hit Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary and Okotoks, and then back to Toronto.

Cristina and I went at 2pm to the Fiscalia (Prosecutor’s office) again.  She had been there 2 weeks ago with Adiela and was told to come back.  Her investigator has been moved out of Homicide so we don’t even know who is working on it.  Today she spoke to someone who said to come back again later (again) but yes, they think it was a homicide….  Good grief!!!!!!!!!!  It is 2 years since he was murdered and they are only now coming to that conclusion..!!!!!!!!!!!  They have been told since day 1 that the wicked stepmother poisoned him.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
We did a quick stop at LA14 for a couple of things then also at D-Uno for more staples.  We have invited guests for Friday.
It began to rain in the late afternoon and continued off-and-on throughout the night. 
I managed to see the last episode of Catherine the Great thankfully after watching repeats of UFC244.

Sorry, no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al