Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sunday November 17, 2019 Formula 1


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday November 17, 2019
I did not sleep much because of rolling over in my head the ways to handle the return of Rex by Niece Ana to our home.  We were to go pick him up because they couldn't keep him because he keeps going to the neighbours for free range chicken dinners.
I got agreement from Cristina that we would go at the conclusion of the Formula 1 race to be viewed at David's from noon until 2pm.  I also got the promise that, because I am angry about being the fall guy that we would not stay to visit.  We would just pull up to the upper road and they could bring Rex up to us..  She readily agreed.
At 11:45 as we were getting in the car Cristina informed me that we weren't going up the mountain to get Rex because they were not home in the afternoon....  Once I gave my sigh of relief I was angry again at the unfairness of the late notice and the obvious non-urgency of the matter...  Here we are, ready to drive miles up a mountain to help them out of their predicament and they couldn't bother to stay home today.  OK with me now.  That let me off the hook because I told Cristina I was never going up that mountain again, I hate the traffic on the drive there, and it just is not our responsibility!  It is not my fault they only use a motorbike.  That was their decision.  They do have a car in Cali, and he has a taxi in Tulua.  And, to me, it is not our responsibility to take this dog back into our home.  I do like the dog but he chews on things and I don't trust him with the rabbits.  10 dogs is too many for this house already.  I truly love all these dogs but something has to change.  
Anyway we went to meet Wolf at David & Irma's and we enjoyed the racing which was as surprising as it was exciting.  It was not a good day for my top 4 guys when 3 did not finish.  Bottas had engine trouble and had to retire.  With about 5 laps left, my guy LeClerc is bumped by his teammate Vettel and they both lose a wheel and are out of the race and the money.  Only Hamilton gets through, shows up on the podium in third place but is later penalized 5 seconds for hitting Albon on the last lap, so he probably ended up 7th.  Max Verstappen, who is my least favourite, ran a frantic race and came out on top, followed by Pierre Gasly of (Red Bull-)Toro Rosso and Carlos Sainz of McLaren who had never seen a podium before.  Whoever wrote this script was working overtime.....
So, after all that excitement we didn't want to go home, I suggested La Herradura/Exito and Cristina readily agreed.   She headed for the clothes and I went to the electronics.  I saw a sound bar and figured that might be a solution for the poor sound from the TV.  I had a choice of a sleek, easy-to-clean 100W LG bar or a cloth-covered, hard-to-clean Samsung 200W bar with separate subwoofer for more money...  I wanted the higher power for the small increase in price but just did not like the feel of it, nor did I really want, or need, a subwoofer.  So we came home with the 100W unit and some clothes for Cristina.
I set up the Sound bar and the difference is amazing, and enough for the tight room we have.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
Starting Lineup and tire choices

And they're off.  Verstappen holds the lead.

Verstappen, Hamilton, Vettel and Bottas

LeClerc started 14th, gained 3 spots quickly

Ricardo bumps a HAAS driver off the track

A better look at that







 
LeClerc has fought his way to 6th already

Hamilton has a quick pitstop, LeClerc 5th

Pitstops change everything

Really varied tire strategies

LeClerc is 4th, stretching the original tires

LeClerc has a quick pitstop
Cristina's eyes are dropping

Almost 1/2 way through

Different tires for the leaders

Verstappen has a phenomenal pitstop

More tire changes

Vettel has a good pitstop
Albon has a decent pitstop

LeClerc has a poor pitstop but under a yellow flag

They are all bunched up and going on a green flag again

Tire strategies with 10 laps to go

Working down the stretch

Unbelievably Vettel rubs LeClerc
The Ferrari crew can't believe it

LeClerc catching Vettel to pass

Vettel squeezes LeClerc down to the left

Vettels left rear tire rubs Leclerc's right front tire

LeClerc's tire comes off the rim

Vettel' s rear tire comes off the rim
You can't steer with this happening

LeClerc is done for the day, so is Vettel

1 lap to go, Hamilton chases down Albon

Unsuccessful pass  by Hamilton

Hamilton bumps out Albon, gets penalized

Too bad too, Albon had run a good race
And the winner is...

Look at those tires!

Verstappen

Hamilton and Gasly

LeClerc's tire

Unofficial

Unofficial

Unofficial

Podium, Hamilton got bumped later

Sound bar

Verstaile

For my records