Thursday, November 14, 2019

Wednesday November 13, 2019 Details, Details

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday November 13, 2019
It was raining really good at 5:23am but there was a break at 6:00am so the dogs got a soggy walk.  They are digging up the next block (hope they don't need to do ours), and, with the rains, the mud just flows downhill in a quagmire.  The photos are from Thursday morning while writing this Blog and they don't really show the huge mess that was yesterday but will give you some idea.  It was really bad when we walked the dogs in the evening with Cristina, 6 dogs and us, with muddy feet.
Jeos' Secret Garden is losing their replacement photographers Indunil and Tulli so Ken asked me to help find a replacement.  I tried two friends who couldn't do it so I turned the question to the Cuenca Photo Club.  Happily Jack Hardy responded and he should be  good fit with Joes'.  He is a good photographer, respectful and quiet, just like me, lol.  He will have an orientation on Saturday so we pray that all goes well.
Even though I am in Colombia, I am still involved in keeping a large group of mostly gringo Coopera investors informed of pertinent news.  Often, I am their only source of information, especially since many of them are now no longer in Ecuador.  I saw on Facebook that the group is now meeting Thursday 5pm to plan a hunger strike which always gets media attention.  The last time they did this, one person had a heart attack.  We have almost got all of our money back but it would be nice to have those crooks pay it all, with interest!
Now that I have the flights to and from Canada booked, the next issue is flights withing Canada so I did a bit of research.  I found it interesting that the cheapest western flight is from Toronto to Edmonton at $221, rather than Hamilton to Regina....  Go figure...  Finding and arranging in-Canada transportation is going to be an ongoing chore.  
I spent most of the day working on photos, mostly re-working old Cuenca Kids photos so I have enough to keep up with my other photos for a while.  For years my practice has been 3 kids photos to 6 others.  That will have to change eventually.
There was nothing but repeats on TV last night so I used my Smart TV to watch a short series on Moby Dick.  It helped pass the time.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Water gushing inside the hole could destabilize the street!

West is downhill and this was all mud

Cheapest flights west...