Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wednesday November 20, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday November 20, 2019
After poop patrol this morning it was time to fill the hummingbird feeders, 3 of 4 were completely empty.  Tom Thumb and a friend/rival were again very accommodating as I stood very close with the short lens on the Nikon.  I was too tired to switch lenses.  The photos are cropped for your convenience.
I got a message from a good friend in Canada, Frank, who reminded me that all television signals have been amended to digital from analog.  I knew this from before but had forgotten.  Why they continue to sell rabbit ears is silly and only for the forgetful (me).  It just rankles me that we have to pay good money to buy a decoder to access free TV programming...
Another new friend, Igor from Europe, via my friend David, is a good photographer that I have mentioned in earlier Blogs.  I hope that you took the time to look at his travel website.  We have been corresponding regularly and he mentioned a technique of layers and masks in PhotoShop that I had never mastered or used.  It frightened me, to be honest,.. I don't know why.  I found another friend's instructions to me on how to do this and experimented a little today.  It really isn't that scary once you get the hang of the process, which I definitely have not mastered yet.  I will have to try it out some more.
Our proposed visit to watch a NetFlix flick with David & Irma tomorrow will be postponed.  Tomorrow is a proposed National strike and disruptions are expected everywhere.  The road from Andalucia to Tulua has no usable turnoffs for the 8 kms so nobody wants to be stuck there and be subject to possible violence.  The protests, from what I have read, will include almost everyone so we could have the corrupt, violent government of Duque fall soon.  This is not an easy country to govern, as are most countries now, even the USA, and especially in the Third World.  So we will stay close to home tomorrow for sure.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Tom is at the 4 replenished feeders, far end

Enlarged to show you Tom, and a huge wasp

Full feeders should be good for a week or so

4 other birds watching from above