Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday November 25, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday November 25, 2019
We had a nice cloudless sunrise this morning but that is no good for photos..
The dogs are such a pleasure and we have had no (Knock on wood, like my head) accidents in the house for some time.   A nephew and a niece both lost a dog this week and that is heart-wrenching when you have had your faithful funny pet for a long time.  They are family.
At 7:30am niece Lina brought us some Colombian small mangoes.  They are good for eating and making juice.  Unfortunately our large mango tree does not produce usable mangoes according to my lovely wife.
Today is a free day before a busy week so, seeing the sunshine outside, I put on the long lens, took 74 photos and kept 29.  I got lucky today and have some pretty nice results to show you.  Again, Tom Thumb and a friend/rival were very active.
Our weekly salesman of yogurt, sausages and the like stopped by.  I told him that I only had 2,000 pesos and they cost 12,000 pesos so he actually extended me credit until next week!  We have bought regularly from him so he knows we are good for it.  I was just surprised at that offer,.. and happy to accept.  The yogurt is delicious. 
We keep hearing of noisy, and often violent, protests and reactions in this country.  Latin America breeds corrupt politicians who, even if they are the best of a bad lot, need to be changed often like baby's diapers, and for the same reason.  Poor indigenous tribes are often at the core of such protests because they are ignored and maligned by Government.  Stable Governments are not normal because of the rampant corruption which is almost impossible to stamp out.  Even Rafael Correa of Ecuador, who was the only President to serve 2 consecutive terms turned out to have a government as corrupt as his predecessors, but just more adept at hiding it and stifling any opposition.  High-handed control over the press and the courts was just the tip of the iceberg.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Negrita, Grigi, Nina, NeNe and Turi enjoying the sun





















NeNe























Rosebush is active again