Saturday, November 23, 2019

Saturday November 23, 2019 Spraying


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday November 23, 2019
I apologize for my laziness the last few days.
Thursday we were advised by Canadian, US, and Colombian governments to sit tight and avoid going out because everybody and his dog was going to protest the right-wing government of President Duque.  Some violence was reported in many cities as well as looting.
It seemed quiet here but then I held my curiosity in check and listened to the sage advice.   So I worked on photos almost all day.

Friday was just plain lazy again.  I watched about 4 movies and worked on photos.  That killed another day.

Today I walked the dogs and Cristina was up early because Aram came at 6am as agreed to spray insecticide on the orange trees.  Today is not supposed to have any rain so this was our chosen day.  It was also recommended to do the spraying either early morning or late evening.  Mornings are cooler and the sun would dry the liquid quicker so it was a no-brainer for me.  
We mixed the chemical in the 11L sprayer and I had stepladders out for Aram's convenience.  I had asked him to wear some protection so, of course, he came with nothing and I supplied him with gloves, glasses and cap.  
Things were going well until one time he went to get off the stepladder and tried to hold the sprayer by the pressure handle instead of the straps.  Naturally the weight of the sprayer caused the pressure handle to pull right out, breaking the inside mechanism's clips, and sending the tank crashing to the ground.  It was a good thing that we were almost done and it was amazing how much pressure was still in the tank.  It just angers me that we broke a brand-new unit from carelessness and there is almost no hope of repairing it.
Tom Thumb and another rival were buzzing the feeders like mad so I just stood close with the Nikon and its standard lens.  The photos are all cropped.  Not bad for quick shots in about 10 minutes, ....but nothing I would try to sell.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.