Monday, November 11, 2019

Monday November 11, 2019 Remembrance


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday November 11, 2019
On Remembrance day we pause to remember all the brave men and women and animals that served in whatever capacity (bone spurs notwithstanding) and countered global aggression.  Many relatives fought overseas and never wanted to discuss what they saw.  The rest of us were so fortunate to be spared such horrors.  
This morning I got up as usual at 5:23am and was surprised to not see Killer in his usual spot.  I was about to panic when I turned on the light but he had dragged himself almost under my computer desk.  I wonder if he was chasing a mouse or something...  Anyway it was good to see him show some effort.
David and Irma called last night to invite us to brunch at Bizcochito this morning at 9:30 and initially Cristina said she would be busy at the Animal Park but later relented and said that she would come along.  We picked up David and Irma and went to this amazing place where 4 of us had breakfast and coffees for $5 total!  The place is always busy and the food is really good.
Then we went to their apartment to begin watching the NetFlix series "The Crown", about the rise to the throne of Queen Elizabeth II.  It has won Emmys and is really informative, even if my recollection of events is a little foggy.  It is more than a miniseries, I think it was weekly hour-long segments, about 27 of them and the third season is just coming out, if I read things correctly.  I love this historical stuff and we watched 3 episodes before Cristina said we should leave.  BTW, they did have Spanish subtitles and she enjoyed it too.
We made a stop at the cemetery to add more blue flowers and other blue pellets.  Cristina doesn't want me to trim the side flowers but they really need it.  The views today were spectacular as usual.
I left the dogs behind and went on a brisk walk with Aram before stopping at his place to meet his mother-in-law, a very nice lady who lives in Miami but speaks no English.  She has now decided that she does not want to live here in Andalucia, or Colombia, so I asked them to let me know if she is going to sell that house she owns here, awaiting renovation...  I really don't know why I want to know, but I do...
I am also slowly investigating airfares, dates, etc for a possible 2-month trip to Canada some time after January to hopefully see all my brothers and sisters, my children and grandchildren.  The plan is to fly in and out of Toronto and avoid the USA TSA BS which rankles me to no end, especially in Miami.  There are some incredible deals out there if you don't mind huge layovers and over 24 hours travel.  I haven't been home for almost 4 years and there are some banking issues that need clearing up.  I probably should arrange for a medical while I am there too.  The biggest fly in the ointment is the lack of transportation from city to city with no more Greyhound.  I haven't even got into that quagmire yet.  Being totally flexible on dates until late May should help me. find what I need.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Killer decided to wander on his own!

At Bizcochito

The interesting series

Goodbye

This is at the entrance to the cemetery

Looking from the entrance

A favourite framed shot

A poinsettia tree??

One of the nicest graves there

You know that I LOVE this view!