Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sunday November 10, 2019 Marino 84


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday November 10, 2019
You have heard of me talk about Marino Diaz before.  He is the old fellow that walks around town to nearby restaurants, gathering their leftovers which he brings back to the Animal Park to feed the critters.  He does it every day, without fail, carrying a stick and a machete, and plastic pails with chains for handles.  He is very well known and appreciated in Andalucia.  In his travels, he is invariably followed by a retinue of dogs and cats.  It is quite a sight to behold.
At 9:30 Cristina went with Claudia and Sara for 2 hours to go clean up the Park for an event at 2pm.
You see, it is Marino's 84th Birthday and invitations were sent to all who know him to come and help celebrate and to bring donations for the animals.  He even got a few gifts of clothing.  The police came with a group of "civic youth", the city was represented, and they even had a musician.
Marino's entrance was delayed until the musician was electrified from next door and ready to play.  The musician was accompanied by a very pretty young lady named Sofia who sang with a very good voice.  I had earlier asked to take her photo and she had agreed, then later she asked me to take portraits of her and her boyfriend Luis.  She is really photogenic.
Friends gave tribute and Marino gave heartfelt responses.  Cake, chips and pop were passed around.  It was a lovely afternoon.
Marino slipped away for, ... you guessed it, to get his daily ration of food from the restaurants and then came back to do the ritual feeding as he always does.  A guy like this is worth his weight in gold.  I hate to think of what would happen if he were not available.  There would be a lot of strays going hungry.  Everybody wants me to send photos via email or WhatsApp which have limits and would take just way too much time on my part.  I have already devoted 6.5 hours to this effort.   They will get a link to this Blog and instructions that they can enlarge, copy and paste whatever they like, wherever they like.  I won't bother with many captions, the photos are pretty self-explanatory.

Update---
I have just heard that my old friend Diane Wells passed away in Calgary October 29th. This is such a shock. We worked together in insurance at Reed Shaw Osler from 1969-1971 and remained friends since that time and had many a good laugh together.
Our sincerest sympathies to her daughters Tara and Sandy and families.

 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 











































































This is the animal lover, Marino






























Marino has a new cap



Even my driving school donated







Marino returns with the daily ration

Dogs and cats everywhere