Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Tuesday November 19, 2019 Rain


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday November 19, 2019
We were awaiting the last utility bill for the gas but Rocas beat us to it.  If she had paid it, I wouldn't argue but she decided that it was breakfast.  By the time I saw it, about only the fancy barcode was left, but that was enough.  The payment place was able to get the amount of the bill from that barcode.  So I paid them all, gas, internet, phone,Cable,water and electricity for 350,000 pesos, or  $102 USD.  I guess we shouldn't complain that all the bills seemed high...
Then we ran into Tulua and made a stop at HomeCenter first.  I needed electrical cord and a plug to repair the damaged cord on one of the fans.  Cristina wanted rabbit ears to set up a TV in the main bedroom to catch only local channels.  We also looked at complete door packages to replace all the bedroom doors.  The standard sizes they had ran around 178,000 pesos or $52 USD.... and that included frame and hardware, I think...  We'll have to go with Carlos with exact measurements because our doors are slightly bigger.
 Then we did our grocery run at LA14 and kept that to about $71 USD including a pair of running shoes and my old fart's multivitamins.  I really would hate to think what it would cost in Canada for everything we bought.
When I got home I fixed the fan then ran out to buy a suitable stand for the TV in our bedroom.  On the corner of the next block they sell quality wheeled furniture for dirt cheap.  I grabbed a stand for 95,000 pesos or under $28 USD.  Then I set up the old large TV with the antenna and tried to auto-program it but it would find no channels.  That TV is so old and few of the remote buttons work so I switched it for my old, but still new computer monitor.  The remote works but I could not get it to pick up any local channels...  Maybe somebody local knows the trick to that.
Then, while Cristina was at the Animal Park the heavens opened and the deluge was quick.  The pounding of the rain sounded like it included the odd hailstone.  A rain like that cleans evertything and re-greens the place.  Except at the corner where they are digging, there will be a mudslide down the street so we will be avoiding that direction on our walks.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
TV and stand

Rain, rain, you are welcome

Refreshing on a warm day

This only took about 3 minutes...