Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Tuesday September 24, 2019 Hummer


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday September 24, 2019
Yesterday we helped bring in a pregnant old hound into town from Campo Alegre and some other folks took it into SuperMascotas vet in Tulua to get sterilized.
I went out around suppertime to pay 2 utility bills and to put some money on Cristina's phone.  Around the corner I saw a "Bancolombia Corresponsal" sign at an Internet Cafe so I asked there.  It saved me two blocks walk...  They made the utility payments but could not do the Movistar phone payment but pointed me down the street one block to another small store.  I was clutching my bank debit card with my phone while I stuffed the papers in my pocket while walking the one block.  Somewhere, somehow, the debit card vanished into thin air in that one block.  No matter how many times I retraced everything and everywhere, and rechecked my pockets and wallet (all at least 5 times) it was nowhere to be found.  I felt completely stupid and mystified.
Even if the card is of no use to anyone without the numerical password we took no chances and had it cancelled online with the bank.

This morning we stopped in to see the vet John Faber Rojas because he had told me last night that he had a tiny hummingbird for a couple of days, barely the size of my little finger.  He was so proud to show it off and have me take pictures of it.
He and I also settled on October 25-26 as the dates for a photography trip to Manizales and to visit our friend Tom.  Manizales is about 3 hours north, up in the mountains in volcano and earthquake country.  Tom will help us find lodging for the one night.
Then we went to Bancolombia and had little trouble in getting a new replacement bank Debit card. 
After a little window shopping for clothes, Cristina bought one blouse and we came home.  I worked on the hummer photos until it was time to go to Tulua to rescue the neutered hound dog named Fortuna.  We bought some dog treats while we were there as well.  Then we waited for Iliana to meet us at our house to go take Fortuna back to Campo Alegre.  It is another street dog rescued but hey can't keep it at the Animal Park because it doesn't like cats.
Today I was contacted on Facebook by a Lori Bourassa who said her Grandmother from Radville was Amelia Bourassa and was asking if we were related.  A little bit of checking found Amelia was indeed the wife of Uncle Clement (Mom's side) but I could find little else as I don't have my resource books on the individual families.  I then found out that she was a Bouchard.  Then I got chatting with Lori on Messenger about Radville and the family.  She lives in Kelowna.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.








































Fortuna