Thursday, September 26, 2019

Thursday September 26, 2019 Backyard


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday September 26, 2019
Yesterday morning we had a nice big rainy thunderstorm beginning about 2:30 which continued until 7am, then again from 8:15 to 9am.  That gets things turning green again, but negated the dogs' walk.
I escalated my dispute to PayPal because I was getting nowhere with the idiots at Ted's electronice in New York.  Now they want me to send everything back, in new condition, for a full refund.  Since all the items have been used for 2 months or so, this just would give Ted's another excuse to jerk my chain.   I am not asking for the world, just what I am entitled to in our negotiated package....  Nobody seems to understand that.
Since it was a dreary day the bed beckoned, twice in the daytime.
In the evening I visited Aram at his request.  He wants to make pizza using one of our ovens because he does not have any type of broiler.

 Today we went into Tulua to pick up some political hats at SuperMascotas before going to Olympica to get liver products for the dogs.  I decided to do our vegetable shopping at the same time and the bill was under $32 for everything.
Next we went for lunch at nearby La Herradura food court.  We did the complete circuit of the court before settling on a Ranchera burger with fries and drink each at Mis Carnes Parilla.  This burger has smoked sausage on top of the beef patty and I rather enjoyed it!   $8 for both!  
Once home again I put the 70-300 manual lens on the Nikon to practice some more trying to capture Tom Thumb decently.  Distractions were two flying beetles with incredibly long antennae that were determined to make love on one of Tom's feeders.  That seemed to keep shy Tom away for the most part but I eventually did get a couple of good shots.  I am also happy with shots of Nina and Grigi.
Now that the sun is moving south of the equator the sun shines in the backyard almost all afternoon, lighting up Tom and the feeders.  I still want a better versatile lens but just don't have the cash for that yet....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start



 
$8 for a good meal for 2

This beetle, with a bigger one below

Maybe the curved antennae indicate submission?

Tom Thumb

Ongoing peep show

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher
Look at the length of these antennae!

These are not the usual big wasps we get at the feeders

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher again

Turtledove and Saffron Finch

Nina, getting some sun

Tom visits above

Grigi is always close to Nina, her play buddy

Tom

Tom

Tom

Saffron Finch

Tom is nicely lit in the afternoon sun

Tom saying Sayonara