Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday September 12, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday September 12, 2019
I slept reasonably well but still went back to bed for another 2 hours after walking the dogs.  I needed that rest.
Around 11am the sun was beginning to cross over the wall so I set up with the 70-300 lens (ran back inside to get a ball cap) and waited.  3 hummers were buzzing back and forth and I took 51 shots in about 1/2 hour.  After checking them out, I kept 14 of those, and I am really very happy with a couple of them, especially the last one (3 versions).
I have been trying to report a traitor to the Canadian Government for a month now and a person would think that they would want to expedite his capture, but... typical Government ineptitude and blase attitude.  In frustration I even went to contact the loyal opposition today, who should probably love to rub the Government's nose in this right before an election, but I got back a lousy canned response.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I really am so fed up with Governments everywhere. 
But then voters are to blame for being so absolutely stupid with backlash voting.  That pompous childTrump in the USA.  Another useless, divisive Trudeau again in Canada.  An NDP government in the oil-rich province of Alberta.   Good grief!  At least the Albertans woke up and turfed the crazy NDP at the first opportunity.  Let's hope Americans and Canadians do the same with their present goofy leaders.
Aram informed me that his landlord George's father passed away yesterday.  The church service was at 3pm in another town where he lived but the interment was here at 4:30pm.  We all jumped in the car and went and tended to Christina's grave while awaiting the papa's coffin.  They had a quick prayer and moved the coffin into a 2-occupant stack hole.  They covered the lower part with cement  squares, then the open upper part with more cement squares.  Cover with a concrete rectangle, fill with dirt, put on the flower bouquets and they are done.  Then they put up a marker which I thought was incredible if the fellow only died yesterday!  I checked the marker later and it was for a completely different couple who had died in 1996 and 2013.  They only allow so much time in the ground unless the family pays for more time, then they are dug up and the family often puts the bones in a mausoleum instead.  I find this bit about digging up the decomposed bodies just so utterly creepy.  
Anyway, I have invited Aram and Liliana for another movie tonight but they are not available until 8pm so I will try to find a short movie.
I then invited David & Irma for a movie at 2 pm tomorrow because Cristina will be gallivanting with Ana again.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Mr Saffron Finch

Tom looks so different from this angle

Catching the iridescent feathers

These two seemed friendly, not battling

Tom likes this particular perch to protect his domain

I think he nodded off for a while

What a pretty boy he is

I was glad when this noisy bird was gone

Better light, better photos

Tom should be quite accustomed to me by now

I am much happier with these shots

Manual focus is very precise

My best original shot of the day.  Very happy with this one.

Removed the feeder

Then cropped and enlarged.  I like it!

Great views from the cemetery

Some of the crowd assembling, waiting for the hearse

Some of the crowd after the interment