Sunday, September 8, 2019

Saturday September 7, 2019 Happy


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday September 7, 2019
This morning, my guy, Charles LeClerc, won the pole position for tomorrow's Formula 1 race.  I am poised for him to win his second race in a row.  Go Charles!  Put the pedal to the metal....
Cristina ran in to help her sister Adiela by cleaning house and I was to pick her up at 10:30am.  She called as I was about to leave to delay until 11:00am.  I get there and they are expecting people for puppy adoptions so we don't get out of there until 1pm, as I am doing my usual slow burn.
We go to LA14 for a fast lunch and groceries.  I won't go into how many times she disappeared on me.
We get back and I try to have a quick nap.  David calls me that the young Canadian rookie, Bianca Andreescu, is playing powerhouse Serena Williams in the US Open Tennis finals.  I flip on the TV just as Bianca has won the first set 6-3.  Wow, I do have to watch this.  Then Bianca gets up 5-1 in games in the second set but Serena shows her resilience in breaking Bianca's serve twive to even the set at 5-5.  Nail-biting time...  But the kid from Canada is composed enough, and Serena makes enough mistakes to let her win 7-5.  This is the first time a Canadian ahs won a Grand Slam event, and the first time that a rookie has done it too....  Absolutely amazing!  All Canadians are walking a little prouder today.
Claudia and Cristina keep nursing dear Killer who shows minor signs of recovery.  Go Killer....
We walked over to Aram and Liliana's as invited for supper at 6pm.  The sunset looked somewhat promising so I went up onto the roof of their building.  Not bad.  I wish that I would get around to making a platform on my roof to get a mountain and sunset view....
Aram is also manufacturing, by hand, some hanging baskets intended to be used with tree bark to hold flowering plants.  He discussed the possibility of selling some of these but I had to be frank that it would be hard to sell them at decent prices to recover the cost of making them.  We had a delicious chicken, potato and salad supper, joined by their daughter Yireh and the Husky/wolf Cooper.  I went back on the roof for a couple of night shots before we sat down and answered a lot of questions about Cuenca and Canada.  I looked up a few videos of these places and then looked up some of the photos of my houses in both places.  Good but sad memories of beautiful homes left behind as life took its twists and turns.
Our doggies are always so excited when we return home.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


 
Bianca Andreescu seems to be in complete command

Match point.  Nail-biting time.

Not yet as Serena Williams battles back yet again.

The match is finally won.  Bianca appears in shock.

Serena has a lot of class.

Relief and emotion
It is official

Hugging her family in the stands

The reality of it all hits again

Serena is most gracious

More emotion for the cameras

Already posted on the wall...
She is in heady company

Serena was winning this tournament before Bianca was born

Interviews before the trophy session

Tracy Austin presents the trophy

Canadians are pumped

A heady moment for the rookie
Her name will be inscribed on this trophy

Kiss the trophy for the camreamen

The finalists

.. and with Tracy Ausitn who won here in 1979 and 1981

First rookie to ever win this tournament

Sunset from the roof at Aram & Liliana's
I don't get any sunset view at home

The sky was coloring at different spots


I combined 3 shots for this panorama for you

Aram's newly made flower baskets

Liliana and Aram preparing

A delicious chicken meal

Yireh enjoying her meal too

Aram and Cooper

Cooper is a very smart dog

Night shot to Andalucia's center

The church is always at the center

1/2 moon, more or less

..with a little colour added