Thursday, September 5, 2019

Thursday September 5, 2019 Puppies


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday September 5, 2019
We were out with the 4 puppies to go to Adiela's for baths, and photos to post for adoption before 9:30.  
On the way we went downtown to pick up a donation..  First the address given me was Calle 25, 22-30.  Then it was 20-30, then back to 22-30, and finally 23-30.  Then the person was not there.  This was a good start for the day...
I dropped off Cristina and left to go pass away the time elsewhere because there was hardly a place for me to sit with repainting, cleaning , etc.  I called David and Irma to see if they wanted to meet somewhere but they were just making brunch and they kindly asked that I join them.  The brunch was amazing, 2 hours in the making, with bacon, eggs, fried tomatoes, fried potatoes, fried bananas, German bread and more.  I had brought some chicken empanadas and some dessert which basically went untouched.  We got to watch a lot of neat programs on the History channel.
I returned to Adiela's by 12:45 was told that we could go for the donation at 2pm.... Grrrr.  
Then, one of the puppies had a swollen cheek so we were to go to John Faber, the vet, at 2:30... Grrrr   Then I couldn't get them moving before 2:45.  Grrrr.   We get the puppy's abcess drained, Adiela has someone else bringing in a cat,.. Milton from the Tulua Refuge comes in with a familiar brown dog...  Then we leave empty-handed..  The puppies will stay at Adiela's for adoption purposes.
We go back to get that donation, Cristina gets lost, doesn't know how to read street numbers and I need to illegally park to wait for her.  I finally get out and show her to the right doorway.  When I hear that the donation is a whole $10 and I have spent $6 on gas to get it, and used up the last of my patience, I am really doing a slow burn.
But wait, we are not done..  Her bunch has this pitbull, Achilles, at the Andalucia vet, Huellas, where it had stayed overnight.  It has a broken front leg (hit and run) in a full cast, and is immobile, diapers needed.  It is spending the night at our house to go with us to see John Faber in the morning, along with Rocas who needs some more injections.
I told Cristina that tomorrow would be my last day as the Pet Taxi for any animals other than our own.  7.5 hours today of wait, wait, wait and numbing frustration.  I really don't mind helping, but there has to be a modicum of consideration for me, and my time.  This is her pastime for satisfaction, not mine.  I am increasingly feeling used and abused and unappreciated.  My complaints and hints seem to fall on deaf ears.   Sorry folks, I just needed to vent.

This just showed up on the "Living In Colombia" Facebook page:
"A heads up on the new tax rule this year for extranjeros resident in Colombia with money in a non-Colombian bank: You have until 25th Sep to declare it and pay 13%... Or declare it and pay 6.5% on the condition you bring it into Colombia by 31st Dec 2019... and invest it in a Colombian asset, such as a property or 2 year (minimum) bank bond etc. You will have to prove you invested the money in your tax return this time next year.  New rule... gotta love the DIAN."
While I checked the calendar to see if was April 1st, I don't believe that this extortion is legal.  Most of us expats are pensioners and we bring in our money as required.  We pay our various taxes just like everyone else but have no local income so do not file tax returns.  I'll be damned if I will declare anything to these crooks.  I would have to leave Colombia if push came to shove....  I pay my taxes on my Canadian pension in Canada and get killed on the foreign exchange so we are barely scraping by on my pension as it is.  I have told Cristina that the money tree is bare and we have to tighten our belts from here on.
I sincerely hope tomorrow is a better day.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
If you look carefully, you will find 4 puppies

The ones with brown markings are the adventurous ones

Waiting for baths at Adiela's

Bacon to fry... yummy

David and Irma are good hosts

This little gal has an abcessed left cheek

It needs to be lanced and drained

She was pretty good through the ordeal

I hope she gets a good adoptive family

Milton and doggy came too

Achilles has a spot in our hallway

The poor guy has other problems besides the broken leg