Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday September 14, 2019 Gift


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday September 14, 2019
In doing the Saturday hated chores this morning we got into the rabbit hutch and moved a lot of dirt that the bunnies had dug up to make thier little underground hiding place.  We did not fill in the hole but threw the dirt against the north wall.  This also neated up their space that had looked pretty messy for a while and made it mucg easier to open the door again.  That was when I noticed how much this dry weather is affecting the land.  The dry ground has dropped about 4" below the wall in places that create scary gaps for our animals to escape.  So we had to scour up every last rock to block what we could.  We really desperately need regular rain, hopefully not monsoons.
Since we bought our new stove Cristina had mentioned that she wanted to give our old stove to her poor Aunt Nativa who looks after the crippled grandson Victor Hugo.  I was all for that.  Then she decided that she wanted to give it to her niece Ana for German's finca (acreage).  That was one reason that we went up there last week too, to check out if it would fit there.  Since they don't have Natural Gas hookups up there, only propane bottles, they would have needed to convert all the jets, etc.  So I suggested that Aunt Nativa get our old, still new, stove and we get Ana a new one.  This became a very easy solution when all they need is a 4-burner tabletop propane unit.  So today we went shopping at 3 places.  HomeCenter had the ABBA NG unit for 178,900 pesos as in the picture, with free conversion.  Olympica wanted 198,000 pesos for the NG version.  Exito ordered us the propane model for 169,065 pesos (or $50.30 USD) which we should get in a week.
Now we have to get another relative, Chucho, to help us bring the old stove to Nativa and to hook it up properly.  
I was then emailed by George fromTthe Oldies But Goodies Dance Club Cuenca to re-do their Hallowe'en Party poster.  I still keep my hand in to help them with various things.  It is a good thing that I had my file from last year to work with.  It takes a lot of painstaking cloning to eliminate text on a photo and to leave the photo looking natural enough.  I had to change the day to Thursday and to change the entire address line running across 2 bodies in the photo.  Then it was a huge search to find the right font that I had used...   So I was smart and made templates for subsequent years this time. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Not a bad little unit for $50

This year's poster

The template to use for years, Scratch is the font