Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wednesday September 4, 2019 Rocas +


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday September 4, 2019  Updated
After my nap yesterday afternoon I saw bright sunshine in the backyard so I decided to try the Nikon with the useless 70-300 lens again, just in case that it might just wake up and work properly.  By the time I got the camera together with the tripod, the sun had gone behind a huge cloud right to the horizon and it was dull as dishwater.  I decided to put it through its paces anyway with Tom Thumb, practice with the manual focus (it is still not auto-focusing) and took 71 shots.  I kept only 18 and, honestly, I am not happy with one of them...
There is an 18-300 Nikon lens that has awesome reviews for clarity but it is about $700.  I would need to sell all of my Canon equipment to afford that...  Any takers?
Tom found out that LeeLee is actually a classic Lynx-Point Siamese which are very expensive to buy.  He sure lucked out on that one.   https://www.siamesecatspot.com/lynx-and-tortie-point-siamese-cats/

This morning , while walking the 6 dogs, it decided to sprinkle a little.  Just enough to wet the road, then it quit.  We sure could use a soaking rain overnight.  The day is looking like it may be mostly cloudy so we may yet get a nice badly-needed shower.
Because we were taking Rocas for her chemotherapy at 7am, I had to rush with garbage and dog poop detail in the bare morning light.  I got all that done in time and we left as scheduled.  John was there and we did not have to wait very long, only one lady ahead of us.
Rocas was a very good dog once again getting her 3 chemotherapy injections today.  Her improvement from last time is very, very encouraging and her prolapsed vagina is vastly reduced in size.  She was good in the car as I paid my health insurance then threw up a bit on the way to Adiela's for Cristina to quickly clean house.  I took Rocas out for 2 walks (besides the early morning walk) and she has yet to figure out that these are "business" walks.  It is a good thing that we use the waterproof cover on the back seat of the car.
I am again in communication with the NetTalk people because they had the nerve to send me a renewal notice.  I paid for last year's renewal early and the NetTalk Duo promptly quit.   Many emails and internet sessions later and they could not solve the problem, blaming it on Colombia...  Then they would not refund my payment because they had dragged this out over 4 months...  I am beyond being nice to these crooks and will tell anyone who asks to avoid these guys.
So I got caught up on my chores by mid-afternoon, looked toward the back door, saw bright sunshine, so I decided to try the big Nikon lens again.  You guessed it... by the time I got outside, skipping the tripod, the sun went back another afternoon-swallowing cloud!  But, I figured I would try anyway and improve on yesterday's shots.  In about 8 minutes I had taken  28 shots and kept 5, but I am a lot happier with today's batch.  The manual focus is very precise, and maybe I really will do better in better light which will also show off Tom's iridescent feathers to perfection.  Stay tuned.
Cristina spent most of the afternoon helping dogs with eye problems and broken legs.  It gives her such satisfaction to help these poor animals and they are so grateful for human assistance and attention.

Update:  5pm and Cristina came home with 4 puppies to go for adoption tomorrow.   People do not neuter their dogs and just want to dump the puppies in the street or in the garbage.  Sickening....  Anyway, if you know of anyone in the Tulua or Andalucia area that would like a precious puppy, let us know.  So we have 13 dogs in the house for tonight.  And the poor mother dog which looks like our Princesa apparently has a prolaped vagina like Rocas...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.










A kid's kite very high

























End of yesterday's shots....



Rocas was very good today

Another very sweet dog, on the mend

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher across the yard

Better shots today

Look at the tongue

We need to shoot in better light

I need to refill all 4 feeders in the morning
The two puppies with brown markings are explorers

Especially the brownest one

The two black ones are more homebodies

Grigi is our smallest girl.  These puppies are tiny.

Too cute for words

Don't worry, we will find you good homes.