Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wednesday May 29, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday May 29, 2019
Happy 103rd Birthday Mom.  Miss you lots.
I switched beds again at 2:30am, the cold in my nose was driving me crazy.   I had talked to David last night because he was having breathing problems and needed to pick up his girlfriend Irma at the Cali Airport early this morning.  I told him that if he needed a co-pilot to just call..
So he called at 6:30am, which I thought was strange because Irma's plane was supposed to arrive at 7am.  But, her plane was delayed 2 hours making her trip about 30 hours total.  Not fun...  Anyway, David was feeling shaky so I drove in and we took his lovely Kia Cerato Pro automatic.  I did all the driving.
The traffic was light and we made good time, both ways.
I did not know that Irma was coming in via Bogota, which makes it a domestic flight, so of course I parked in the wrong place initially.  Anyway we found her easily and I brought the car around to pick them up.  Because I was so groggy myself, and was concentrating on the driving, I took no photos of Irma...  Silly me.
I came home, caught up on my chores, ate lunch and crashed.
Then I sat outside in the sun with the camera for a while to expectorate at will and to get some sun on my chest.  I feel better already.
I am pretty certain that I got photos of the Tyrian Metaltail (spreads orange tail feathers and had a dark patch behing the eyes) and the Rufous-Tailed Hummingbird (smaller and tends to keep the tail feathers tucked in).
We still have Toby at the house and he is getting into the routine with us and the other dogs.....  So cute and cuddly.  I love puppies.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

David waiting at the exit for Irma

This Tom looks like the Tyrian Metaltail

I am pretty sure the rest are the Rufous-tailed one

They sure do seem to prefer the red feeders

The pause that refreshes

Great colour in the sunlight

Those wings are really moving

Landing for another feed

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

So very colourful

Evening light helps

NeNe was keeping me company for a while
A very bright Kiskadee