Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday May 5, 2019 Cemetery


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday May 5, 2019
Last night we had a visit by Gilma and family, Carmen, Angela, Chucho, Alejandro and a sleeping Jose David.  Us guys sat and watched some UFC fights from Ottawa, Ontario featuring a lot of Canadian fighters who seems to underperform to a man...  They never won one fight even though a couple of them have impressive records.  I am sure the hometown crowd was as disappointed as I was.
Then Aunt Nativa popped by briefly as well. 
This morning, I was so proud of myself, working hard to get myself caught up before 9am only to be reminded by David that I had promised to come over for the SuperBike race at 7am...  Ooooops!  
So we rushed to get ready and made a quick trip to the Doggy Park for Cristina to look after the new Mommy with the 6 pups.  I did not go in because I would just want to bring them all home. 
Then we rushed in to meet David and Wolf at the German Restaurant run by Berthold and Zenaida for brunch.  As an apology, (and because I ate the most anyway) I paid for the repast.
We made a quick stop at Adiela's to pick up some doggie treats that Cristina had bought yesterday at Super Mascotas before heading to the cemetery.  Rain had been predicted almost every day but we haven't had a drop in about a week so the watering can made four trips today.  We re-placed the blue rocks/marbles that we had cleaned this week and I am really proud of the lovely gravesite that Cristina is maintaining for Christian.  The plot next to his is again occupied.
It is a beautiful, but hot, day again today so I took a couple of panoramas to show you the beauty once again.
Then we made a quick pit-stop at D-Uno to get our needed drinks and snacks.
1:30pm and the temp is 31.7C in the house.  The high is supposed to be possibly 34C today.  
Ana and German came by for a visit and a nap and Cristina opened the doors and windows and the fans are directing air right through the house. It feels temporarily cooler because of moving air even though it is not.  These poor fans are working overtime lately.  At 3:30 the temp is 33.4C and it went a tad higher.
Now it is almost 5:30pm and the temp is still 32.1C, probably the worst it has ever been in the house so I definitely won't be allowing this experiment again.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

UPDATE:  Tom Thumb paid a visit near dusk, just like he always did in Cuenca... and hit at least 2 of the 4 feeders, both red... Hopefully this is the start of a normal routine although it is a challenge to try to get any kind of clear picture...  especially at almost full zoom....  Because of the problems with Google, I have to put these photos up front...

Tom visits #1

Tom visits #2

Tom visits #3

Tom visits #4

Tom visits #5

Tom visits #6

Tom visits #7



 
Part of the Doggy Park

Flower near the entrance

Kinda pretty, yes?

David, Wolf and Cristina

Zenaida and Berthold run the cafe 6 days per week

Zenaida and Berthold and friends

Zenaida and Berthold and friends 2

I love this misty mountain view with lovely skies

North and west sides

East and south sides

The dogs are waiting for their lunch
Ana and German are feeling the heat too

Sleep overtakes Ana

Ridiculously hot inside the house