Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday May 27, 2019 Adoptions


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday May 27, 2019
Well it was a long, productive, happy, and sad day. 
We went for 7am to get hopefully the last chemotherapy for the brave, sweet Cafe.  Unfortunately that darn tumor just doesn't want to give up easily so we have to come back in 10 days for more chemo.  For what we have spent on chemo, we should have spent on a straight operation like I wanted in the first place.  I do not like chemo!  Why mess around?  Cut the darn thing(s) out and gobble Guanabana (Soursop) instead.
To kill some time I took a few more shots in the back yard for you.
We got word that someone wanted to adopt Esperanza, and then Cristina heard that someone wanted to adopt one of her Doggy Park puppies as well.   So we washed the puppy here.  The poor little gal has mange and was just covered in fleas.  The pup fit in my hand and yet Cristina hand-plucked over 300 fleas off this baby...  It took her hours.
Then we took both dogs to Adiela's for a proper bath (and more flea removal for the pup).  These saints looked after the dogs while I had a quick recharge on the couch when I could not sleep in a chair.
Then it turned out that both adopters were in Buga, just a couple of blocks apart.  It took a long time, but both dogs now have new, happy homes, for which we are eternally grateful.
Little Esperanza had worked her way into both our hearts as a playful, smart, and easily trained little girl.  It was very, very hard to let her go.   Now we have to find homes for Estrella (Nina's sister) and Whitey and Runt (2 rabbits).  Then we will be back to a more manageable and familiar bunch of dogs in the house.
I always wanted to try the pizza place on the corner where we turn off the 40 to go to Adiela's.  Adiela said that it was pretty good so we gave it a shot, and I loved it!  It is always good to have good comfort foods.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Cafe is such a trooper

These big wasps like the feeders too

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Rufous-tailed Hummingbird

My active fat baby Nina

Esperanza is going to be missed

Such a sweet, fun disposition
This poor puppy was just a mess

So much better after a wash and no more fleas

She is lucky to have found a nice home

Guadalajara River in Buga

Esperanza at her new home (sniffles...)

Found a really enjoyable pizza!