Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sunday May 19, 2019 Misc


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This was working again…  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday May 19, 2019  Updated
Saturday morning was wet and sprinkly but I walked the dogs a few blocks anyway.  It seems like I am waking up around 3am every morning now and just watch the clock until 5:30.  After chores I went for a nap.
Cristina and I went out for lunch at that newer cafe on the corner of the central park.  Two big almuerzos with soup and a drink for $4.22 USD.  It is certainly not worth heating up the kitchen at home.
Then I worked on more photos all afternoon before making my salad and settling in to watch 4 hours of UFC.  It is brutal, but it helps to pass the time.  It was nice to see an undefeated Canadian gal give what-for to a very tall American gal.
This morning it was pouring about 3am and didn't stop until about 10am, then it was intermittent.  Our private lake has resurrected in the back yard due to ground saturation so I am sure we can expect another crop of mosquitoes shortly.  Luckily, not that many come in the house.
I was shaved and showered and at David's before 7am to watch an exciting Moto GP bike race.  There were a couple of spectacular crashes and it certainly is a credit to good protection in the clothing that the riders can walk away after literally cartwheeling across the asphalt.  Damp weather and cold tires are not made for racing.  And yet, these guys race on the straightaways at almost 250 kph.
Marc Marquez win the GP1 race on the same day that his brother Alex won on GP2.  These Spanish brothers are fearless.
It is so wet around David's that long-legged shore birds are nesting there...  Seriously!
UPDATE:  David's neighbourhood vigilante (guys that are paid to patrol the area) was shot last night and was in hospital, alive but unable to talk.  He could apparently write however and we wish him a speedy recovery.  I guess we never know where the drug gangs will decide to do a transaction and the vigilante's job is a perilous one.   This fellow is also the father of his maid who is a delightful gal.

I still can't figure out why I have problems moving photos from one file to another at times.  Today it was simple JPG's giving me trouble, so I changed the Lumix back to RAW format and had little trouble... go figure.
There were two territorial hummers vying for the feeders this afternoon and I decided to move them all closer to the patio, both for the ease of the hummers but also to make them easier to photograph.   Then it was siesta time... I was just beat.
Cristina and I decided to try to find a different supper in BugaLaGrande and ended up at a place that served a very nice chuleta meal, (not quite as good as Mr Chuleta, but very close).  Two big meals that we couldn't finish with one Pepsi for 21,000 pesos, or $6.32 USD is a no brainer.
We had passed a military (drug) checkstop on the way in and that whole bunch showed up at the park acroos from us.  Only a couple of guys made a pretence of patrolling the park while the rest parked their assault rifles and checked their cel phones and shot the breeze.  More examples of taxpayers' money at work.
Anyway it was nice to get out and then come home to an enthusiastic greeting from the 10 dogs.  Finally Adiela has managed to advertise Esperanza for adoption.  One young girl who appears about 11 years old has held up her hand on Facebook but a good family is a must for an active untrained puppy.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
 
Marc Marquez led from start to finish

Tremendous skill and daring on these crotch rockets

Very little rubber holding them on the tight curves

Incredibly fast acceleration on these bikes to over 250 kph

Knees touch the asphalt as they really lean into the curves
These daring young men at high speed

Marc Marquez on his victory lap

Cool trophy, yes?

Celebrating victory

It is easy to get interested in this racing
A horse loose in the rain on our corner

Our lake is ba-a-a-a-ck

The ground is so saturated

A 2.5 inch moth

Tom Thumb in action
Such a pretty boy

He has finally found our feeders

I moved all 4 closer for his convenience,...and mine...

I will get better shots now

Didn't need to crop these shots

The Lumix did a good job

Waiting for our chuletas in BugaLaGrande

The military patrol rolls in

Maybe it just is just goofing off time

My meal that I could not finish

Cristina's plate is full too