Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday May 12, 2019 Sevilla


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This was working again…  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday May 12, 2019
So, about 7:45pm last night Ana and German did finally show up during a break in the rain and it was my job to barbecue a huge mess of pork.  It wasn't exactly centre cut pork chops but it was still very good.  They had brought rum and coke so that was a refreshing change.  My only bugaboo is how German, especially, had his nose glued to his phone during our whole time at the table.  That is so darn rude but, for Cristina's sake, I fumed in silence.  We parked his nice bike safely inside for them.
They also spent the night and German bugged out alone in mid-morning shortly after rising.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and wannabe mothers and animal mothers.
 
It had rained so the dogs did not get a walk.  I went to visit them and I spotted a movement at eye level that stopped me in my tracks, and I ran for the camera.  One of our friendly mice had climbed the lavanderia door which we have begun blocking off at the bottom.  Obviously that does not work...  After the photo op, I banged the door and he dropped into the lavanderia with the dogs.  They didn't have a chance to get him before he climbed the back wall to the roof to go to the neighbours.
Carlos stopped over to see about re-repairing the ceiling in the lavanderia.  I told him the exact problem and he just did another of his stopgap useless buckshee repairs.  He is supposed to come tomorrow to properly move the one roof section to properly solve the problem.
 Ana caught a bus into Tulua to be with her mother Adiela and we made a pit stop at the cemetery for Cristina to add a rose.  This day has to be especially tough on her.
She decided that she wanted to go to La Marina today even though I told her we had been there before.  She did not remember, so we went anyway.  It is a picturesque drive even though the town isn't much.  I used the Lumix for the photos to La Marina.
On the way back I suggested that I would like to see Sevilla some day, and Cristina wanted to go today, so off we went!  David had been on a trip there with Wolf on the bike a short while back and he had said nice things about it.  The drive from the main highway is very narrow and winding and picturesque, with lovely views of expansive valleys.  The town itself is again not much but the voyage is what mattered.  The church is nice and a highlight was running into these jeep taxis that have customers hanging off the outside...  I can't say that I am happy with the results from the Canon photos at Sevilla.
And the good news is that the computer is working much better and the new Seagate is operating as it should...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

German & Ana

Our mighty visitor

We added a red rose and Baby's Breath at the bottom left

Climbing up to La Marina

Nice greenery looking west

Looking back over Tulua
Great valley views on the way up to Sevilla

Misty mountains off to the west

The weather got better over here

Picturesque road with overhanging trees

Rain makes everything green

The big church at Sevilla
Pretty impressive

Spacious interior

A little closer to the front

Of course, the church fronts on the main park

Pretty busy and affluent town

A view of town from up by the big cross
The big cross on the hill

The view from here over a magnificent valley

Sevilla is at 1394m (4573 ft) elevation

It was a worthwhile trip

One of those silly jeeps with people on the outside.