Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tuesday May 21, 2019 Birds


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This was working again…  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday May 21, 2019
A nice day today, no rain for a change, so the dogs were happy to get their walk.  Over the 10-block walk we see about 8 dogs, 10 cats, 5 horses, and 30 chickens with as many chicks.  There is even a family of ducks a block down.
We had nothing planned today so I worked on photos until I suggested we make that trip to see her Uncle Raimundo that she has been wanting.  I was pretty sure that I could remember the way.  I started going and she asked why I was going west, ...that Raimundo was at his house in Tulua...  I was heading to the only place I had ever seen him...  First, I didn't know that he had a house in Tulua, I've never been there, she didn't have the address, and it is way on the other side....  So we came back home.  So much gets lost in the translation between us.
Tom Thumb is a bit of a magnet for me so I hope you won't mind some regular pictures.  I probably can't ever get shots from a foot away like I did in Cuenca but I will do my best to get decent shots.  The other birds are also active with the battles at the other bird feeder being a continuous thing.  It is kinda funny the way the turtledoves throw up one wing as a warning to the others,.. or is it for protection?
The photos today are from the Canon.
David passed along some news yesterday about the state of his vigilante.  The good news is that he was not shot.  That news was wrong.  The bad news is that he suffered a stroke while riding his bicycle on his rounds and hence the reason he cannot speak.  I don't know about you, but I think I would prefer getting shot to having a stroke..  I am sure the recovery would be quicker.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Tom Thumb at the red feeder again

Turtledoves battle as canary watches

Canary is waiting his turn to fight

Yup, it's his turn

Canary knocked off

Turtledoves battle again

Ongoing battle

Separation is good

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Tom at a different red feeder