Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday June 4, 2018 We're Booked


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Monday June 4, 2018
I don't mean to whine, but I am e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d...........
Alex, Cecilia and Ester came to visit this morning to discuss them coming to Colombia later to visit, and assist me with my luggage.  They don't want to drive but, even if they came later, by jet, they could probably bring up to 3 - 50 lb suitcases for me, so that solves a lot of issues.
Later I went to pick up some new wonder medicines from Rob and Carina to see if they will maybe unblock my nervous system..  It is a long shot but I will try anything once, if it has a remote possibility of fixing the wacky electrical system in my body.
Next I had to go to our Coopera lawyer's office next to Millenium.  While looking for a place to park, I recalled the TAME office across the street so I pulled in there.  I wanted to confirm the baggage allowances on Cali flights because of my problems in Quito on the last trip...  So the best scenario is to bring 2 - 50 lb bags, and pay the $20 for that second bag, plus the usual carry-on and personal item.  They don't seem fond of the overweight bag to 70 lbs so we will avoid that this time.
Then I asked the gal if they could compete with a $188 ticket online, one-way, Friday June 22, and on the morning flight (no bloody overnight in Quito).  Last time they weren't even close, so I was a little shocked when she said $190.31.  I figured it was just as quick, and more secure to take it now, so I did...  I will be leaving Cuenca June 22 at 7:40am, probably never to return...
I had time for a comfort food stop at McDonalds...  Gotta love the $1.99 bacon burger and $1.10 fries...
I have over $3,000 owing to me here and there in Ecuador, but we have to hope for the best.  
Most of that money owing is from the Coopera liquidation 5 years ago!  There are rumors of another payout July or August, but I won't be here, so that was another fire to put out today.  Carlos Heredia got the paperwork ready and I went to the Notary to give a Power-Of-Attorney to my ex, Bella, because we split the proceeds anyway.  It was actually very nice to catch up on things with Bella whom I haven't seen in months.
Of course I got caught in drizzle on the way home on Buzzer.
Boy, do I need a nap to recharge, but so many things to do yet....

Oh, If you want to party with me one last time here, I should be at the Oldies But Goodies dance Wedneday night 7pm June 20 at Villa San Carlos.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Another soggy sunrise for a very variable-weather day

It's official this time.  I am out of here June 22.