Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tuesday June 26, 2018 Necessities


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings in the hope that it will one day work again.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Tuesday June 26, 2018
This is just a short note to say that I THANK YOU all for bearing with me as we get settled.  There is so much to do and photography is not high on my list of priorities at the moment, sorry to say.
Adiela and my brother-in-law Miguel are being so very supportive in getting needed things done.  Today we ran my computer over to a shop he knows, run by a former employee, to find out why there is no power.  I suspect that it may be as simple as a frayed power cord..
We tried to talk to Movistar about their plans but we were there at Latin lunchtime so the place was packed.  We are planning to return tomorrow to get some questions answered because I hate the PrePago where we have no idea how much time or money we have left on the phone.  There is nothing worse than needing to make an emergency call with a dead phone...  I don't understand the "megas" for internet use but it appears that even the basic Movistar plan beats the medium Claro plans...  One big question is how I can manage to pay for a plan when the bank account is so far in only Cristina's name (another thing that needs to be fixed pronto).
Cristina wants a car, and we will probably search for something that will accommodate us and the 6 dogs....  Small extended cab pickups seem to be in short supply, and relatively expensive here.
A factor there is that driving in Tulua is a distinct challenge because it has the highest motorcycle vs car ratio in Colombia, and it is said the ratio is 10 to 1, which I have no reason to dispute.  And the riders have no respect for other drivers, ... cutting in front of another, with bare inches to spare and no respect for the speed or room required for safe operation.  They say the accident rate here is incredibly high as a result.  Having said all this, I think that I would rather be on the road on my own bike than a vehicle...
Another factor will be where we may end up next...  Within seven months or so the lease will be up on this present house which has many issues and we will hope to relocate to the country, whether in this area, or up higher where it is cooler.  We both want space for the dogs to run and maybe a place for a workable business, like maybe a dog kennel..  Then it is a question of rent or buy (which I hesitate to do up higher where it is earthquake country....
So many decisions to make, so we tackle them one at a time...  Manana...
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.