Friday, June 15, 2018

Thursday June 14, 2018 SRI


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…... 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Thursday June 14, 2018
Veronica notified me that she was successful in getting the documents to the tax office and that the calculations were under way.  Then I was asked to go to the lawyer’s office to sign some papers after 3pm.  The appointment to sign the final house sale papers has been moved to tomorrow at 12:30 at the notary.
So I stopped at the lawyers office and signed those documents, then decided to tackle the SRI IVA refund problem with my bank change, again...  First I stopped at the NAF office with the Salesiano accounting students, but got nowhere because I gave them the wrong password to get into my account, which I did not realize until I was stomping my way to the SRI office in the next block.  I went  upstairs to the "devoluciones" (refunds) office and waited.  I explained that this was my fourth attempt to change the bank account from Banco Del Austro to Banco Pichincha because I need to close the BDA account which I cannot access in Colombia.....  Naturally they say "we can't help you today, come back in a week".  I say "I am leaving the country in a week... I need this solved by Tuesday at the latest".  They just shrug their shoulders like the usual useless Ecuadorian Government bureaucrats that they are...  Then I ask if they can at least tell me if my April and May refunds have been sent to my BDA account...  More shrugs, "come back in a week"....  
I would love to see the application to work for the Ecuadorian Government..  I am sure that anyone who ticks the boxes -
⌧ Yes, I am ignorant , or can pretend ignorance, and
⌧ Yes, I will blissfully frustrate anyone who tries to make sense of Government services -
gets immediately hired.....  
Then I went to apologize to the kids at the NAF Salesiano office.  At least they try but are just learning the ropes.
So, the bottom line is that if I do not have the April and May refunds in my BDA account by Wednesday, I guess the Government steals my money again..
FYI, these are the maximum monthly payouts back to 2013 for the IVA refunds, the high being $219.60 and the low $87.84.  The number for 2018 is presently $92.64.


I was still running a little early so I took a chance and stopped in to see old friends Teresa and Billy in Gringolandia.  It is always a pleasure to see old friends and get a chance to say goodbye before or departure next week.  We are hoping to see Teresa and Billy and many others at the Oldies But Goodies dance this coming Wednesday.
Then I went to Ed & Lynne's apartment for a delicious chili supper, with salad, guacamole dip and dessert with real whipped cream.  We were joined by Bob and Joanna from upstairs, and also a nice lady from Edmonton named Sylvia.  We played a domino-style game called Mexican Train and that was a lot of fun.  I was the high-score leader throughout much of the game but, of course, it is low score that wins.  Congrats to Bob on that one.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.