Saturday, June 9, 2018

Saturday June 9, 2018 Joes' Secret Garden


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings that appears to work, yippeee.  I won’t do that without your permission, and THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Saturday June 9, 2018
I was trying to be prepared for the Tuesday closing on the house sale so I decided to go to my Banco Del Austro and withdraw enough cash for everything.  They said their system is down. but it may be up by afternoon, but they close at 1pm...  So, I come back at noon, and surprise, the system is working.  So, I again give them my bank book, cedula and withdrawal slip.  They look at it and say that they cannot give out more than $1,000 on weekends....  Now, they could have told me that the first time I came and saved me this second trip, but no,... this is Ecuador where they seem to work overtime to piss everyone off any way possible.
I decide to take a shot at the branch at Monay Mall but there they say their system is down....  I was fit to be tied.  I love Cuenca, and Ecuador, but NOT their ridiculous bureaucracy and inefficiency.  I will happily close this bank account on Monday morning..........
Ken and KP kindly invited me to be their guest at Joes' Secret Garden again to give me another chance to say goodbye to my many friends made there over the years.  They are such sweet guys and we wish them all the best as they persevere in the face of much competition.  Tears were always on the verge of spilling as I hung around later than I have ever stayed and shot the breeze with these many friends who we will miss dearly.  Hugs to all. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Lynne and Patty comparing colours

A good Canadian contingent tonight for Mexican food

I am going to certainly miss this place

Lots o0f Saturday nights over 6 years here

Chowing down with JC and Jim (and Dena to my left, not shown)