Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday June 28, 2018 Computer


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Friday June 29, 2018
Yesterday was really wet in the morning so no walk for the dogs.  That also gave a respite to my bare legs (I've been wearing shorts since I got here) from the sneaky insects.  My legs now have a red blotch pattern that I am sure is a hit with the locals.
Cristina gave me a really close haircut at my request.  It is really short and I was tempted to go shorter yet, almost to the scalp but chickened out on that.  I am not displeased and it certainly is a lot less worry, although I should remember to wear a hat outside so I don't blind people...
We found out that the Colombia-Senegal game was on a local station so we just stayed home to watch.  Colombia got a late goal to win 1-0 and actually ended up qualifying first in their group, which nobody was expecting, thanks to Poland beating Japan.  It didn't take long for the horns to sound in the streets to celebrate.  Then it was nap time.
Cris went to the police (fiscalia) looking for information about the death of her son Christian.  They were no help at all, seemed to have no record of anything so she will return again.
I put on my handyman hat and fixed one of the toilets upstairs, then set up new printer with its cartridges of ink to fill the tanks… Now we wait for computer..
Today is my daughter's Anniversary, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JILL, and also my granddaughter Danai's graduation from high school.  How time has flown and the kids have grown.  Danai will be joining her brother Dawson at the University Of Alberta in September.  Congrats Danai.   Photo credit to Jill:
My darling Danai is on the right.  We are so proud....

Today we had Miguel take us back to the computer repair shop and I brought along the frayed power cord.  The tech said that the computer powered up right away so he did not even charge us,.. yes, it was the cord that was the culprit.  So we bought a new cord and headed back.  Part way home I asked who had the new cord and everybody had a blank look on their face.  A thorough search of the car, and all pockets, did not turn it up, so we returned to the shop and checked the street, the tech, and the neighbours,.. no cord, so we had to buy a new one again...
So, after a week, I finally had my computer operating but then had to transfer many things from the laptop first.  Then I properly initiated the new printer.  Then I hooked up a new external hard drive that I have had for almost 3 years.  All photos from Colombia will now go on that hard drive.
So we now have set up the main computer station with many electrical protections, a working table with the telephones, the second computer station that was Christian's, and a very useful shelf unit.  Finally we can feel comfortable to operate again and we can retire the laptop for a while....  Printing business cards and emergency cards with the new phone numbers..., so much to get done now.   I haven't uploaded pictures for almost 10 days now.
Cristina just back from a second trip to the police but it seems all she gets is shrugs and no closure.  Latinos just do not seem to feel any responsibility to others... so sad....
Soon we will begin the process for residency so we can tackle the things like health insurance, driver's licences, etc. etc...  My buddy Tom from Manizales called and is being a wonderful resource.  A trip up there and to Medellin will not be very far in the future.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.