Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday September 10, 2022 Patio Progress

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday September 10, 2022

The walk this morning was under a stunning full moon and one satellite.  We saw 5 horses this morning, including the little filly who also had a pig beside her...!  And another sight that seems totally foreign is a cow digging in garbage...

To solve our income tax DIAN issue we need to go to the bank to get them to amend their report to DIAN which showed double the value of our CD..., unless they would like to pay us that extra amount..??  We have made an appointment for first-thing Monday.

Cristina neglected to tell me that Sofia was coming over again today and that they were taking off to Tulua.  Then the doorbell rang.  She also neglected to tell me that Carlos was coming to make elephants' feet for our new patio posts.....  The boys also filled the holes where the prior posts were embedded.  The haphazard way of making cement baffles me as it has way more consistency than we are accustomed to in North America.  He and Bolivar worked hard together again and I kept my mouth shut about consistency of looks, and quality of work.  Those are foreign concepts here and Carlos is too valuable an asset.  I may have him paint those 2 doors that I have been neglecting...

I got a call from the in-law of the people who want to buy the house.  I am not sure but I think he said that the apartment in Bogota is not selling so they are making other arrangements...  I think he also offered money in my minimum $$$$ area.....  Damn!  I don't want to sell...!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

To be covered up...

12 posts with bases to cover and protect

My favourite lunch again

A visitor

I got close

Interesting golden colour

He was not scared

Happy with these shots

 

Applying cement feet

Almost finished product

Find the Kiskadee again

Finished products

Final touches

Tom Thumb

TT