Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday September 13, 2022 Banking

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday September 13, 2022

The walk was dark this morning with no moon or stars or satellites in sight, and a slight sprinkle happening.  It never did rain, so we were OK.  I sure wish that it would rain now though.

We had a 10am appointmtnt at Bancolombia and were 1/2 way to Tulua when I realized that I had forgotten my fanny pack with my phone at home...  So I drove like a maniac to the entrance to Tulua where the only return is possible, back home, and back again...  I needed the phone to confirm the appointment at the door, which I did, 3 minutes late.  The appointments are supposed to be on time, especially when we are over 60, but that is the theory only....  We waited 40 minutes while everyone around us passed before us, then it took another 40 minutes to get my new account straightened out and my new debit card in hand.  Then it was another 15 minute wait, and another 15 minute process, to get a teller to move most of my money from Cristina's account to mine.  I should have got my cash when I was there, but the stress made me forget that.

Cristina, not me, got a message that my health insurance was again stalled because my Cedula was again still not registered..???  WTF???  So we go to the office and they tell us that we have to go to the Registradoria in Andalucia to straighten that out (and they are closed noon-2)...

We have a quick fried chicken lunch and get back home and I am anxious to make sure that the new card and the new account will work in various ways...

I figured out how to access the new account online and even managed to pay our internet/TV bill online.  That made me feel good.

I tried to get into the CIBC Online Banking and got that stoooopid error again so I phoned them for help on Fongo.  In the duration of the call, I access CIBC banking on my phone and go through a frustrating 1/2 hour of trying to get it to accept my new account for Global Money Transfer.  Finally, we get it to work and I send myself $100 CAD as a test.

The nice man had transferred me to the Global Tranfer dept and we determined that FireFox add-on blockers were probably the problem, and I also needed to disable the VPN add-on (which I do not use often anyway) and, lo and behold, I can now access Online Banking again...  Hooray.

We go out at 3pm to the Registration office here and, 20 minutes later, we receive the Registration document for my Cedula at no cost (which I later send to the EPS people successfully).

I decided to try the new debit card at the bank machine downtown and the machine was giving everybody problems...  So we went to the tiny Bancolombia branch across the square and it was no sweat there.

The one bright light today is the supervised downtown parking.  It cost less than a dollar for almost 2 hours.

No time for pictures.   But I decided at the last second to show you the craziness of this BlogSpot stats for views....  They lie like Trump!




That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.