Thursday, September 1, 2022

Thursday September 1, 2022 Banks/Ins/Prep

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday September 1, 2022

The walk this morning took a different route to avoid all the dogs barking everywhere at 4am.  Once one starts, there is sympathy barking down every block.  Our dogs do it all the time here, and yet not a peep while walking.

I rushed chores this morning to be ready to leave at 9:15am with Cristina.  Our first stop was to the drug store to pick up diapers for Ana Julia, which we then delivered with a load of washed pet blankets, and oranges.

Next we went to where I pay my EPS health insurance.  In February, knowing I would be in Canada March and April, I prepaid for those months.  Once I hit Canada, I got a message that my Cedula was no longer registered in the Government system so my insurance was not valid...  No refund, no nothing, and asking today for them to use those 2 months payments to re-register for September and October fell on deaf ears.  It frustrates me to no end that people are so accepting of lousy service and corruption in Government, and a person has no recourse without being blacklisted.  Grrrrrrr

The big appointment we had made online at BanColombia for 10:30am actually worked, having to scan a QR code at the door 5 minutes before the appointment.  Cristina cashed in our CD because the interest is a joke and the money has devalued so much more since it has been in the Bank.  I have been after Cristina to find a way to make the money work for her in perpetuity in case something happens to me.  She has been offered an opportunity by someone she trusts (I don't), and I have serious misgivings about its longevity.  Lending money, even with written guarantees and collateral is very risky.  I have batted zero here lending money, so I have given her a long list of considerations to take into account to be incorporated in any written agreement.  The biggest problem is enforcement of any agreement....  Just who will enforce it over fear that the other party sends a hitman to their door is a big problem here.  We will have to see what unfolds.

I took another leap of faith and downloaded the BanColombia cel app.  I am trying to find a way to pay all bills from this chair, like I just paid my cel bill (which is getting out of hand...).  I need to change cel plans.

Roger had wanted me to take him to a computer store near here to try to salvage the information on his crashed laptop.  I offered to be available in the afternoon but apparently he had the galloping trots all night so he didn't want to risk it.  Now it will be next week because tomorrow and Saturday are booked to fix the patio roof.

So I cleared as much as I could on the patio this afternoon to make the work as easy to start as I can.

No photos today, too busy.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.