Saturday, September 17, 2022

Saturday September 17, 2022 Sevilla

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday September 17, 2022

The clouds were somewhat visible as we walked exactly on time this morning, running into the chestnut mare and her filly within a block.  The other filly with the white blaze was reclined in her field.  No sign of the pig.  And there were 2 cows eating garbage this morning!

Today is St Valentine's Day in South America.   I cut my hair this morning to look good for my sweetheart, lol.

I decided that we would take a little trip to Sevilla after lunch, picking up Sofia to join us.  The last 2 times I had missed the turn, but not today.  The narrow roads were exceptionally good until we got close to Sevilla on its mountaintop and the roads deteriorated badly.  People were working in sugar cane fields on the way and several fields were being burned, spreading burnt offering in the air.  Sofia slept most of the way there.

The amount of people in the streets was amazing, just people everywhere, and Willys Jeeps everywhere.  This has to be the Willys capital of the world as the Jeeps transport anyone and anything to neighbouring towns, with the "things" taking preference, and people hang on wherever they can.

On the mountaintop, they have a Mirador (viewpoint) with several small food outlets and a huge cross with pulleys (to pull up a statue on holidays??)..

Sofia slept on the way back as well...  I sure wish I could learn to sleep in a car.

Once home, I tried to go to the next block to the new little restaurant that does meat dishes, but they were closed.  What a disappointment!  So I came home and cooked burgers for me and the dogs.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


One of the new roses

The other new rose

Our beautiful Grigi

Bougainvillea flower

Peach rose

And another

 

Burning sugar cane dregs in our valley.  Note no wind!

It is so very green in Colombia!

Sevilla is on that mountaintop

People and Willys Jeeps everywhere

View west

View north through a fence

 

Love misty mountains

Downtown Sevilla

View south

The big cross

Cristina counted 10 on the back of this Willys

A view on the way home

Sugar cane harvester getting a rest