Friday, September 9, 2022

Friday September 9, 2022 Taxes

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday September 9, 2022

I got another message for Cristina last night from the IRS of Colombia, called the DIAN.  This upset me so much that I hardly slept again, but we did manage our walk with the dogs this morning under the almost full moon.

We tried fathoming the DIAN website ourselves and gave up, opting to go to their offices, but decided differently once we got to downtown Tulua on the advice of Miguel and Ana.  We did a little shopping instead.  I needed new Crocs ($5 USD) and got nylon cord to use for clotheslines, which I installed once we got home.

We called the local accountant Maira who handled our 3-year BS with DIAN last year.  She said the she would get back to us around 5pm.

Then I got busy getting documentation from both banks to show the money sent from Canada to here.  The exchange today is $1 CAD = 3340 pesos.   Frankly I was shocked to see that, in the past year, we spent almost every cent of my pension!  This does not bode well when inflation is getting crazy.

The idea that Cristina has to hire an accountant to show that she has ZERO income rankles me to no end.  There is also a 2008 agreement between Canada and Colombia that should not allow them to tax my money twice.   But I am sure that they will try, again...

It is 6:15 and the accountant has just called looking for information.  Everybody calls the DIAN crooks here.  She is still on the phone with Cristina and I still don't know if she is coming here or we are going there.... or not....

We have not seen Carlos for 3 days either........

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Pink and white rose

And another 2 buds

New Crocs

Tom Thumb

Tom is hiding

Clothesline for emergencies

Tom Thumb